Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Popup sprinkler help needed

Page 1 of 1
I am about to install some Hunter MP1000 mp rotator pop up sprinklers and am hoping people can post how they installed them and what I need to consider? For example the pipe that connects them do I use greenline, blueline or PVC pressure pipe glued and what diameter works best for fittings? Also what kind of box do I install the solenoids and valve into and what brand of solenoids are reliable? What about the controller, do any work well in a smart home environment as I use Openhab as my server? Any links to guides that show how it all goes together?

Any tips and info or brands to choose would be great.
Since I got no replies, I'll add some info I found to help others...

The trencher I hired did not do straight runs due to one tyre being worn, so I opted to use what is called 1" Low Density Poly pipe as it bends around corners and is forgiving if people stand or drive on the popups. Using articulated risers from PVC added complexity and cost and makes installation harder. Cost of the pipe is around $1 per meter and the fittings are cheap usually around $1 each. I used stainless steel clips to hold the pipe to the fittings made by Norma and they seem to work very well and the shops say they are far better than plastic clips. They can be reused and just click when squeezed.

The shop helped design the system for me and recommended I use 11 of the MP2000 in non presure regulated bodies and spaced 5m apart which has worked well as I have tons of flow and pressure. Having a shop go over my details was handy as otherwise I would have purchased pressure regulated popup bodies which cost 3 times as much. I have 500 Kpa and 50 Litres per minute flow rate as my house is right on a major water main and I have used 32mm Metric poly pipe as the feed to the valve box to ensure friction loss is low. Without that flow I dont think 11 rotators on a single zone would be a good idea but the shop told me I had 35 L/min to use before pressure would cause issues and I am only using 32 L/min and the popups are installed and working well.
How much did the entire project cost you?
Related
20/01/2024
Roof Load Width Needed

Renovation + Home Improvement

Any structural alteration to your home requires building permit. Before you get it you will have to supply plans with structural assessment, you will also be removing…

14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

7/03/2024
Framing timber size needed for a double wall system in non-l

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Long story short, a toilet room is going to back onto our main bedroom and I want to make it close to soundproof. Im going to build two frames (pretty much a room within a…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum