Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Will This Be Structurally Sound?

Page 1 of 1
I would like to build a cat enclosure on my deck, but the catch is: I'm renting so it has to be a standalone frame. I appreciate all feedback as my building experience is limited to Ikea furniture

I not fussed about how it looks, just want to know if this thing will be strong enough to hold itself together. Measurements below:

I have "designed" a wooden frame from 70mm x 35mm treated H3 structural pine, as it's relatively affordable (but I'm also open to suggestions). I was planning to use wood screws where each bit of timber meets. (again open to tips).

The deck is also aged so I'm worried about putting too much weight on there, which is also why I've picked this timber.

Total measurements are 3600mm length, 2800mm width, and 1935mm height.

Will this thing be strong enough, or will be wobbly or collapse easily?

Thanks for reading and thanks for the help!
Well I've updated my design - any feedback welcome

It needs to be cross braced, or the corners made more rigid.(say have a diagonal section at each corner about 1m down the post to about 1m along each post.
bashworth
It needs to be cross braced, or the corners made more rigid.(say have a diagonal section at each corner about 1m down the post to about 1m along each post.

Excellent, thanks
Related
20/05/2024
What kind of slab is this? Any chance it's structurally OK?

General Discussion

Hoping someone can help. It's a 30 year old brick veneer house with a negative slope from the street. There's no effective drainage here except for a rubble pit at the…

13/06/2023
Sound Proof Modular Fence recommendations

Outdoor Living

Hi We have a road close to our place and only an old flimsy wooden fence between us and the Neighbour closest to the road. Any ideas on a sound proof modular fence. Like…

9/11/2023
Rainwater tank - screaming sound

General Discussion

Grate, thank you! RexChan if thats the reason i could sleep well without thinking about additional cost. But 1st i'll need to read about NRV cleaning/replaing stuff. I…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum