Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Fencing Question

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I'm just after some advice in relation to fencing. We are in country Victoria and haven't started building yet but will be in the next couple of months.

We have recieved fencing requests from two of our neighbours that are 180mm high colorbond with 200mm timber sleepers underneath. I'm happy with that and have agreed to pay it - it's when every other house in the estate has.

Yesterday I recieved another one from a different neighbour that was only for 1800mm high colorbond fence with no timber beneath.

The estate guidelines only specify minimum 1800mm colorbond fence.

Is there a way to politely say to them that everyone else has fencing with timber below so that's what we want? Without us having to pay the full cost of the timber ourselves if it's what we want? I don't want our fence to be inconsistent and we have two neighbours along that side of our block so it would look really odd...

Thanks!
I would just call the company they got a quote through and ask if they can add it to the quote and requote with the timber? Best case neighbours say go ahead, worst case they say no and you have to foot the cost of the timber solo.. The timber isn't too expensive but always best to ask the question. We didn't even realise that was an option until after we had 2 sides. Def worth it for the extra privacy

Related
25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

16/05/2024
Copper log fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all. Looking to do a 5 acre property fencing with 100mm copper logs fencing. 200mm ends. Land is sloping an hard to get machinery in. My question is. If I do the holes…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum