Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Paving or Decking

Page 1 of 1
Hello all, i want to know which one is better paving or decking in the alfresco.
Personal preference. Decking is cooler but requires more maintenance.
Yeah personal preference, but I would got for decking also. It's more inviting, looks better and nicer under foot.
imo paving sucks, its hard to keep clean
decking or polished concrete is my vote
Definitely a personal preference situation. Both have their pro's and con's but what it comes down to is what you like the look of the most - you're going to be the one living with it.

Depending on the area you have to work with it may be possible to use a little of both.
paving's lots cheaper but then ants can bring up the soil between the cracks and weeds love to invade and grow in the tiny gaps.
yes we have paving. 250m2 of it. On the plus if soak wells below pavers need repair/replacing or piping gets blocked its a simple matter to lift the paving to fix it. Much simpler than jack hammering concrete and having to replace it later and get the same colour/look etc especially if it's not plain grey.
kexkez
paving's lots cheaper but then ants can bring up the soil between the cracks and weeds love to invade and grow in the tiny gaps.
yes we have paving. 250m2 of it. On the plus if soak wells below pavers need repair/replacing or piping gets blocked its a simple matter to lift the paving to fix it. Much simpler than jack hammering concrete and having to replace it later and get the same colour/look etc especially if it's not plain grey.

Is it legal in Australia (NSW and Vic in particular) to use one of those gas weed burners to singe the weed? Obviously, i mean when there isn't a total ban of open flames. I have used one for years, and it really works well. You don't actually burn the weed, you just singe the surface of it and it then dies. I'm asking because I'm also contemplating whether paving or croncrete - or cobbled stone would be the best choice.
It really depends. There are several options for paving, artificial stones, natural stones, some looks greate and durable
Consider decking because they are more durable, look amazing and it has lower maintenance costs. Paving can be cheaper but in the long term, it may not be the most suitable solution. However, it may depend on other factors so you need the advice of a patio contractor.
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

26/12/2023
Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Building A New House

As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum