Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Pool Area - Paving and cover ?

Page 1 of 1
We're organising a new pool for the back yard. It will take up a considerable part of 1/2 of it. So we are left with some areas between the pool and side fence; pool and back fence; and pool and house. The other half of the back area will be lawn/garden etc.

I have this idea of using pavers to complement the pool - as its not a large area - so not too expensive, BUT we will probably want some cover from the sun. Maybe an umbrella or some sort of overhanging device. My wife loves the sun but I burn.

Are there pavers that come ready made to add an umbrella - or shade device - or would it be better to do this when the paver men were doing the job ?

I'm open to ideas at the moment. The pool is a rectangle but within a square area. So any ideas would be good. Pavers to house sounds a good idea. We have a sliding door from main bedroom to this area - so a step might be necessary too.

I'm planning on plants/trees around it too. Not sure if they should be in the ground OR in large pots ?

I'm thinking low maintenance too ...
Sorry - didn't mention - the back area is "virgin" territory so free to do almost anything.
our pool is similar in shape . and the idea we have come up with is
tiles around the pool and at the back a small retaining wall called decoblock from amber . this is to hold the garden area . we have a large umbrella also so we are thinking of asking the landscaper to put the umbrella pole in the garden in a way the umbrella can be extended over the lounging area (sorry if it does not make sense all ideas in the head at moment) and for the garden area as we have sloping land at the back have large sandstones placed around with plants around.
for fencing , at the front of the pool facing the alfresco glass pool fencing with the side of the pool being the black normal pool fence which will also have a gate.
hope this will help you with some ideas
Thanks for that Rocky. Not sure about umbrella. I like the look of those ones that sort of hang out on an "arm". Also - maybe a winding one from the wall of the house.

I like the retaining wall idea and sandstones.

Might ask the paver people about the support for an umbrella

Thanks
ours has a base with it and the arm swings out giving a huge area underneath it can be concreted in . i am just waiting for ambers next round of 20 per cent off to order the decoblock for the house
1rocky
ours has a base with it and the arm swings out giving a huge area underneath it can be concreted in . i am just waiting for ambers next round of 20 per cent off to order the decoblock for the house

Yep - the sales have something going for them. Should be some around mid-year. If you can wait its the right idea.
amber should have their sale around the time we move in so will be perfect
Related
21/04/2024
Pool cover

General Discussion

There are no other options other than installing a void protection, over the pool

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum