Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Cleaning after staining deck

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

As careful as I am I still managed to get a bit of deck stain on my bricks (more noticeable on mortar). It's not a lot by any means but I'd like to go around and "touch up" to make it look as clean as possible.

What can I safely use to do this?

Cheers,
Niko
Product called Qstrip from Quatum. Its an enviromentally safe product too so no nasty fumes or anything. Apply it, leave it for 45 the hose it off! Water soluble too so its a breeze to wash away. It's also safe to use to remove stain or paint from all timber products too. If you're in Melbourne call Demak Timber and Hardware and they can order it in for you.

Cheers mate
Niko, just wondering what you ended up using? I've gotten a bit of decking stain on our tiles and looking for advice on how to remove..
Related
21/02/2024
Zincalume Staining

General Discussion

Hi, I have an area of zincalume cladding encasing a number of external downpipes. Unfortunately one of them has been permanently stained by some diluted phosphoric acid -…

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

2/05/2024
Cleaning

Outdoor Living

Yep, efflorescence as mentioned above. You could look to clean it with a "acid" based cleaner and then seal with a penetrating sealer. This may not stop it entirely but…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum