Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

patio area

Page 1 of 1
can some one please help me I have just put on a spanline sunroom room with 8 window the thing is that it is like a sunna stinkin hot you can't even sit in there, the area is 10x 9 1/2 so its a reasonable size

I have just ordered sunscreen blinds for 6 windows and going to tint sliding door area the airconditioner people tell me that I need 18 kw cooling if I have it right this 18kw should do my whole house can some one please give me advise I had enought of people trying to rip women of
rustygirl
can some one please help me I have just put on a spanline sunroom room with 8 window the thing is that it is like a sunna stinkin hot you can't even sit in there, the area is 10x 9 1/2 so its a reasonable size

I have just ordered sunscreen blinds for 6 windows and going to tint sliding door area the airconditioner people tell me that I need 18 kw cooling if I have it right this 18kw should do my whole house can some one please give me advise I had enought of people trying to rip women of

Can you have some whirly birds installed and ceiling fans to see if that helps to draw out the hot air?

Is there a wall where you could fit a split system a/con unit? I would have thought that an 8KW unit would do the job, especially if you install the blinds and tint the windows too.

We are building an enclosed patio area too and we are using clear PVC blinds instead of windows so that we can open them right up if we need to.
we had thought about whirly birds
but there is no where for them to go my roof has bents in them its like a carport roof
iI can open the windows and the sliding door but cant seem to wook out what can we do here to cool it down I just got a qoute to insulation like they do in cool rooms
$7000 just for the roof there got to be some way
i do have a wall 3 of them .thankyou

quote="Hels"]
rustygirl

Can you have some whirly birds installed and ceiling fans to see if that helps to draw out the hot air?

Is there a wall where you could fit a split system a/con unit? I would have thought that an 8KW unit would do the job, especially if you install the blinds and tint the windows too.

We are building an enclosed patio area too and we are using clear PVC blinds instead of windows so that we can open them right up if we need to.[/quote]
I'm surprised that Spanline didn't sell you an insulated roof, it has foam sheeting underneath and makes it look smooth like a normal ceiling. We shopped around and got lots of quotes and information and to do a full sunroom was going to cost us around $50k but that included the insulated roof and making it fully air tight. It wasn't in our budget, so we decided to get a metal roof patio and enclose it with the PVC blinds. It sounds like Spanline has sold you just a patio roof with windows and this just doesn't work

The company who installed my roof told me that they wouldn't put windows on our patio as it has no insulation at all and structually it could be unsafe if it was fully enclosed that way.

Anyway, this info doesn't really help you now so it seems that your best option is to look at a split sytem air con and some fans. We have a 8KW Fujitsu split in the house which is awesome, you are looking at around $3500 incl installation. Have a chat to The Good Guys and fujitsu are currently giving away a free BBQ for each purchase which may be useful to you

Do you have a photo of your sunroom? I'd love to see it
hels thanks for this information what happen was I had already a spanline roof and everything was getting wet from the rain so I had to put a extension one .this has cost me more than expected with the extension this roofing had a caple with it so it was going to cost another 20 thousand with the insulation money that i didnt have.then what happened was it was to cold to even use it then we got some quotes for PVC blinds everyone here in orange said no i cant do it because where i live the wind was too strong and Iwould be replacing them in a yr or 2 so that went out the window this is what i really want but every her said it wont work.

on to her maybe if i send to you would you down load them for me please or show me how
ed that Spanline didn't sell you an insulated roof, it has foam sheeting underneath and makes it look smooth like a normal ceiling. We shopped around and got lots of quotes and information and to do a full sunroom was going to cost us around $50k but that included the insulated roof and making it fully air tight. It wasn't in our budget, so we decided to get a metal roof patio and enclose it with the PVC blinds. It sounds like Spanline has sold you just a patio roof with windows and this just doesn't work

The company who installed my roof told me that they wouldn't put windows on our patio as it has no insulation at all and structually it could be unsafe if it was fully enclosed that way.

Anyway, this info doesn't really help you now so it seems that your best option is to look at a split sytem air con and some fans. We have a 8KW Fujitsu split in the house which is awesome, you are looking at around $3500 incl installation. Have a chat to The Good Guys and fujitsu are currently giving away a free BBQ for each purchase which may be useful to you

Do you have a photo of your sunroom? I'd love to see it
[/quote]
The blinds that we are having are called zip-track blinds, they run down a track and don't wind up like the other kind, this makes them a lot stronger in the wind. But maybe even those wouldn't have been suitable for you

I use photobucket.com for my photos. You can register for a free account there, then upload your photos, resize them to 800 x 600 or smaller and then copy the IMG link in here.
http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... ure195.jpg
http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... e194-1.jpg

action=view&current=Picture194-1.jpg
Hels
The blinds that we are having are called zip-track blinds, they run down a track and don't wind up like the other kind, this makes them a lot stronger in the wind. But maybe even those wouldn't have been suitable for you

I use photobucket.com for my photos. You can register for a free account there, then upload your photos, resize them to 800 x 600 or smaller and then copy the IMG link in here.
It looks really nice but I can see why it gets so hot. Looks like fans and air con is going to be your only option.

If you use the IMG Code for the photos they will show up on this page (see below)

hi hels yes it is hot but dont get me wrong I love it so much, the pool table it going out there once things are finished
we are just finishing of the fountain Yes were the corner is there will be a rock fountain with bamboo at the back of it ,
Iam searching for some nice fan's to go out door I had had a look at your but to nice to go in this area.
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/Picture044.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/Picture047.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/Picture045.jpg
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/DSC03563.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/DSC03559.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/DSC03564-1.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/rustygirl_2009/DSC03560.jpg
area is very big so sorry about photos tryed my best still have electricty work to do fans and lights
and the ceiling but I will say my husband and I did all this our self the builders are very expensive here this is why it has taken us a long time the spanline roof was done by spanline .the render is our first try not bad i do say my self

we have a had a lot of rain here in orange and had found that we needed to put in a ceiling .have quotes $17,000 we are going to do the ceiling with
villaboard
maybe spanline should have told my about the inslated roofing .

It's looking really great

I love the rock wall and the windows look great with the blinds.

It's a shame that you need to do the insulated ceiling, but that would be the best way to stop it from getting too hot.
Can install a mist system, these will drop temperature. Maybe combine with a fan.
They look like you get wet but you don't, it's so fine and under pressure also uses very little water.
Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum