Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Page 1 of 1
About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0 meters. It features a treated pine deck underneath and a corrugated metal sheet roof.

I'm currently in the process of exploring the possibility of adding external blinds to my existing structure, and I have a few questions. I'm hoping to receive expert advice on the following:

1. Will installing blinds onto the current structure result in a significant additional load? I'm concerned because the pergola is connected to the house frame via metal L brackets, and I want to ensure that this won't compromise the integrity of my home's structure. It's important to note that I'm not looking to create an enclosure but rather to provide shade and protection from the sun and light rain.
  2. What would be the most cost-effective option for adding outdoor blinds, taking into consideration that the pergola structure may not be entirely sequre, and some minor adjustments in terms of height and other factors may be necessary?

I've included some pictures with this post to help with your considerations.

Thank you in advance, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional information.

Warm regards,
Related
21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

27/02/2024
Seeking advice for a backyard sunroom with a pergola/veranda

Renovation + Home Improvement

i think option 2 is much better with easy access to the garden without having to walk through the new sunroom which makes it a better room for guests and TV .a simple…

5/03/2024
What type of tile is best for outdoor patios?

Outdoor Living

Natural stone tiles like slate, travertine, and limestone add a timeless, elegant look to…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum