Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Outdoor fish tank

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys and girls
We are about to do concrete paving (100mm thick) around the house, using 32 mpa, with plans to build a 1.5x2m x0.8m high fish tank on it later.

My question is would i need a footing under where the bricks will go? And if so is extra 100mm sufficient? I am limited by depth of footing as there is an agg drainage pipe there thats close to the surface.

My other question is how thick a wall do i need for this size tank? Is single layer brick sufficient? Or should i consider using 150 thick concrete blocks?

Reason im asking is ive seen quite a few videos of tanks being built with no indication of footing underneath the brickwork. And its only single layer brick thickness.
Bao
Related
23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

9/11/2023
Rainwater tank - screaming sound

General Discussion

Grate, thank you! RexChan if thats the reason i could sleep well without thinking about additional cost. But 1st i'll need to read about NRV cleaning/replaing stuff. I…

15/01/2024
Slim line water tank and strange pipes

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Thank you for the generous offer. I need to get the plumber out to give me an explanation. As mentioned I haven't seen any rain water discharge from pipes 1& 3. It…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum