Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Using roof extenda brackets for pergola

Page 1 of 1
Hi all!

I am building a patio over my deck, and I am using the roof extenda brackets to create the fly-over roof another the eaves. It will be approx 3m wide by 4.5m long with trim deck as the roof. The house is solid double brick, built in the 1940s.

I just realised that the instructions says to use m10’s into the top plate, and m12s through the rafters, however I used m8 coach screws into the top plate, and m10s into the rafters.

I’m just wondering if it’s necessary to undo the the sika flex sealing I did under the flashings, pull the tiles up and put the correct size bolts and screws in. I’m just worried that a big gust of wind will rip the roof off. I’m also wondering if I should put some fixings down through the top plate into the brick wall that the plate sits on, as given the age of the house I don’t actually know how well the plates are tied into the brickwork.

Is this something I need to be worried about or can I comfortably leave it and rest knowing that the roof won’t fly off. (I don’t have a permit or any sort of engineering specs that I’m going off, btw).

Thanks!
Related
15/12/2023
What to attach eave brackets to?

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Cheers mate! This is exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure if it was something I'd find on the shelf. I agree with you, fixing the brackets to the board will look…

13/04/2024
Clearance and extending Post u brackets?

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

When my house was built (over 7 years ago), the post brackets were done to allow for concrete porch, but they didn’t allow for the planned stone paving. I’m finally…

21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum