Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Is screeding required before tiling?

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have an outdoor area to be tiled. We are using 12mm travertine in a French Pattern. The slab is brand new, and fairly flat. Towards one end, (near the garage door there is a fall of 90mm over 4.2m away from the house, however towards the opposite end (closest in the photo) there is a 160mm drop over 4.2m away from the house.
Would screeding be required on the lower end in particular or would I not really notice it in the long run? Looking at it now, it isn't too dramatic, I'm interested to see what others opinions are.

I'll also add, the bottom left corner is an alfresco that is also going to be tiled with the same tiles but it is completely flat. Will it look odd that there is a flat alfresco and then a sloping paved area? Only the corners of the two areas will be touching, I intend to link them with a timber path/deck.

nachesoffical
写回复...It needs to be smoothed, which can prolong the falling time

what? is tis a bot?
reyesm
Hi, I have an outdoor area to be tiled. We are using 12mm travertine in a French Pattern. The slab is brand new, and fairly flat. Towards one end, (near the garage door there is a fall of 90mm over 4.2m away from the house, however towards the opposite end (closest in the photo) there is a 160mm drop over 4.2m away from the house.
Would screeding be required on the lower end in particular or would I not really notice it in the long run? Looking at it now, it isn't too dramatic, I'm interested to see what others opinions are.

I'll also add, the bottom left corner is an alfresco that is also going to be tiled with the same tiles but it is completely flat. Will it look odd that there is a flat alfresco and then a sloping paved area? Only the corners of the two areas will be touching, I intend to link them with a timber path/deck.

you want to keep the fall. No need to screed near the garage. However you need t be conscious of the total adhesive + tile height when youre up aginst that garage opening.

Also I WOULD screen the alfresco with a slight fall away from the house before you tile. Not for aesthetics, but to ensure you don't have water pooling in your alfresco after heavy rain.
Hi there can I ask the person who got it did you get screeding out in or not I’m in the same boat the tiler advised I don’t need screeding just want to make sure it’s okay ?
Related
29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum