Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Geo fabric or plastic weed mat under deck?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I am making floating eko decking (close to the ground) which is extending from my afresco and do I need geo fabric & crushed stone under the deck?

If I do, should I put geo fabric or plastic weed mat under the crushed stone?
Eko deck requires a certain air gap underneath as per warranty please check this before installing, mould can be an issue. Weed mat and 20mm bluestone/gravel is enough but the gravel needs to be approx 10cm to stop weeds n pests from nesting under. Personally i have never used weed mat or geo as when it gets wet it holds moisture which adds to the humidity underneath.

Geo fabric is intended to stop dirt washing through it but allows water to seep through to drainage underneath it, its basically a filter. It is not a weed mat to lay on dirt to suppress weeds it will just hold the water if laid on ground.
Related
24/02/2024
Weed problems

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, has anyone been ask to do the weeds in their property while in the middle of build? We are under the impression that they are in control of the site while they…

25/07/2023
Peeling plastic laminate - advice on removal?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

At a bit of a loss on this one - we're thinking the original owners never removed the protective laminate covers from their kitchen cabinets after installation and in the…

8/06/2023
Does my deck need handrails?

General Discussion

I've just built 3 stairs off a landing out the back and been told by the private certifier I need hand rails sorry tried to attach a pic but couldn't mine don't have sides…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum