Join Login
Building ForumOutdoor Living

Raised alfresco on slab

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are in the final stages of construction and didn't include any tiling/decking on the rear outdoor area and I think I'm regretting not having it included.

While I am going to organise something after handover, I'm interested in how it should come together since it's raised with the exposed top of the external bricks with the gap between the slab.

If I was to tile the area, what's the best way to fill that gap and go to the end of the brick?
Also, wouldn't a railing be a challenge to fix to the floor over those bricks with holes?

Would love to hear thoughts of others that have similar.

I'd be asking the building why the slab doesn't cover the bricks and go to the edge fo the building footprint. There also appears to be some rubbish in the gap.

To put a surface over the area and cover the gap you could use timber battens and decking or composite decking.
Related
22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

You are here
Building ForumOutdoor Living
Home
Pros
Forum