Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Replacement Polytec Panels

Page 1 of 1
Not that long ago it was possible to order replacement doors and panels direct from Polytec made to order, but alas this is now not something they are doing for individuals.

I need to replace a filler strip above my dishwasher, due to poor install that has lead to it expanding and splitting, so wondering if anyone knows of a place online where Polytec panels can be made to order or know of a joiner, preferably in Canberra, but potentially anywhere in Aus who would be prepared to supply?

Polytec's advise has been to contact local joiners, but this far after contacting about 10 in the region no one is interested.
The issue will be that to supply you with one small filler the cabinet maker will need to buy in a whole sheet and 20m of edging.
It will be an extremely expensive filler, unless you can find a cabinet maker that has an off cut of material laying around.

What colour and finish is it?
It’s Polar White Sheen.

The thing with Polytec though is they sell cut to size panels so no need to buy a whole sheet for a small job, but these days they will only sell to the trade not direct. It’s a catch 22 as gather many in the trade only want to buy full sheets to do it themselves.

I even have their order form which specifies all the details but just needs a joiner to “want” the business and take an admin fee for placing the order.
There's a minimum order on all cut to size so the one little panel will still cost you way more than it's worth.

The good news is Polar White Sheen is one of the most common colours going around and just about any cabinet maker would have some laying around.

If you were in Perth I'd do it for you. Just try heading down to your local industrial area and walk into a couple of small cabinet maker shops. Know exactly what size you need and I'd be surprised you don't find someone who will do it for you on the spot or at least by the end of the day.
Related
1/03/2024
Polytec timber look galleries

General Discussion

Interested in getting either the Polytec Boston Oak or Palace Peak for kitchen cabinets. Looking at the Boston Oak ones, it appears that the colour varies significantly…

27/04/2024
Polytec Ravine finish

Building A New House

Horizontal costs extra, and depending on door sizes (and colour) vertical may not be possible.

20/05/2024
Polytec woodmatt vs Thermo

Building A New House

Anyone know the performance and cost difference between the two? TIA

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum