Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Suggestion on Wall Tiles Not fitting

Page 1 of 1
I was tiling my kitchen space in subway pattern only to discover that the wall is not perfectly square. So half the space at top is to small for the tile by about 2-3mm.

I have tried using a hand grinder but the tile is very solid and strong. All i get is sparks.

Even if I leave out the 1.5mm space for grouting (which i dont want to) I still cant get it in.

Anyone with experience know what to do? Thanks

Sounds like the grinding blade issue to be honest, you should be using a blade similiar to the attached and remember they are directional when you put it on the grinder.

Other than that it looks sexy!! Well done!!

Myles
Critical that it is a continuous blade, like this.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/full-boar-2 ... lsrc=aw.ds

Myles
Thanks Myles. I have no experience with grinder so i appreciate the pic. Its a bunnings link which is great. I have a bunnings nearby.

Will give it a shot.
Steve
Steve Zero
Thanks Myles. I have no experience with grinder so i appreciate the pic. Its a bunnings link which is great. I have a bunnings nearby.

Will give it a shot.
Steve

For someone with no experience it looks fantastic. Let me know if you need some pointers for grouting it.

Please make sure you wear ear and eye protection will grinding tiles, they make an absolute mess of you when things go wrong.

Also be sure to send those finished pictures and show off the great work

Myles Clark
Related
3/06/2024
Fitting new window

General Discussion

I am currently doing a bathroom renovation and want to put in a window that is narrow than the current one in a brick opening. Can I fit the window on the bottom noggin…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum