Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen tiled splashback....what grout colour?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We're needing to decide fairly quickly what colour grout to use on our kitchen and pantry splashback tiles.

The tiles are called 'Woosh Glacier Grey Gloss' (from National tiles) in 75 x 300mm. We have had the tiler install them in the brickbond pattern and really happy with how neat they currently look.

Anyhow we originally thought we would go with white grout (100 White), thinking to help enhance the brick pattern etc.

Our problem now that the tiles are laid (but un-grouted) is I think they look pretty good with the darker lines.

So hoping for some other opinions on what grout colour others would suggest.

Here are some pics:

You said in your build thread that your tiler is one of the best tilers in all of Ballarat. Why would you want opinions from a forum when your tiler has dealt with grout for his entire career? Why not just take his advice if he’s as good as you say he is?
...well funnily enough when I dropped into National Tiles this morning to collect some more tiles, the guy that served me said our tiler who ordered the additional tiles was in his opinion “the best tiler in Ballarat”.....so not just “one” of the best lol! National Tiles I assume deal with lots of tilers so anyhow who cares where he ranks but he comes across as a top bloke too. Not fast though, he does take his time.

Anyhow he said he’s used those same splashback a number of times and reckons both white and darker greys both look good but left it up to us to decide. So we’re going with a darker grey now, called “cement grey” from memory.

Tiler said he “tools” the grout out a bit from the joints so it doesn’t sit out too much, sounds good cause we don’t really want the grout too prominent.

So decision made, now we just have wait until later Monday to see how it comes up.
darb74
...well funnily enough when I dropped into National Tiles this morning to collect some more tiles, the guy that served me said our tiler who ordered the additional tiles was in his opinion “the best tiler in Ballarat”.....so not just “one” of the best lol! National Tiles I assume deal with lots of tilers so anyhow who cares where he ranks but he comes across as a top bloke too. Not fast though, he does take his time.

Anyhow he said he’s used those same splashback a number of times and reckons both white and darker greys both look good but left it up to us to decide. So we’re going with a darker grey now, called “cement grey” from memory.

Tiler said he “tools” the grout out a bit from the joints so it doesn’t sit out too much, sounds good cause we don’t really want the grout too prominent.

So decision made, now we just have wait until later Monday to see how it comes up.

How do your tiles look with the darker grout? Any photos? 😉
You should go with white grout. Looks quite pretty as for me and it seems like gosy galley kitchen. If you still don't know wich colours would be the best options for decorating I recommend to check some additional sites. Murdoch Troon - handmade painted kitchens for example https://www.murdochtroon.co.uk
Related
24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

29/04/2024
Black tile grout become a chalky colour.

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have some black tiles in our bathroom on one feature wall laid on top of the waterproofing. What I think is efflorescence or white chalky looking grout has turned the…

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum