Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Full depth sinks? Extending benchtop....

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone installed a sink that runs the full depth of the bench such as these (IKEA and Villeroy & Bosch)? Do you like it? Any issues? Photos?

Does anyone know of any other brands?

I'mm thinking of using one to extend the length of the benchtop (as effectively the benchop is cut in two, one piece either side) without having a join.

FoxHill
Has anyone installed a sink that runs the full depth of the bench such as these (IKEA and Villeroy & Bosch)? Do you like it? Any issues? Photos?

Does anyone know of any other brands?

I'mm thinking of using one to extend the length of the benchtop (as effectively the benchop is cut in two, one piece either side) without having a join.

These are often called Butler, Belfast or Farmhouse sinks, so search the Internet on those names and you will find plenty in different shapes and sizes. They might not always go the full depth of the benchtop if your benchtop is wider than usual, but you can still fit them - although, since you want to use it to split your benchtop, that will not be what you are after. We opted for a stainless steel version in our scullery because it suited our modern design better than the ceramic ones, which seem better suited to a heritage style kitchen.
Related
8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

12/01/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

Hi, We're building a double-storey in Perth and I'm undecided with the kitchen sink situation. I'm set on having the main sink with dishwasher in the scullery - and…

18/01/2024
Scaffolding extending over my property

General Discussion

Ask for some kickplate to be added and also for tradies to be requested to use lanyards on tools on that side of the building. Be respectful and have the discussion…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum