Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Cost of custom timber joinery

Page 1 of 1
Hoping to get an idea of what it might cost for some custom timber joinery for my kitchen renovation...

Looking at solid timber. Build and install.

Cladding for back and side of kitchen return:
Back: 1 piece 800mm high x 1400mm wide
Side: 1 piece 800mm high x 600mm wide

Frame for fridge: 2480mm high x 800mm wide with three horizontal shelves built into the top (no back)

Shelving to sit between upper kitchen cabinets: 1000mm high x 800mm wide (a box design with three shelves built in - no back)

I will be looking to get quotes from cabinet makers soon but just want to get an idea of whether the cost will be somewhere in the range of my budget - otherwise the whole kitchen design will need to change!
Very hard to give an estimate without a plan and the timber species. The timber species will have a major impact on the price!
I'm not sure which timber yet but I've seen similar kitchens made with either Messmate or reclaimed Tassie Oak that have the look I'm wanting. I'm really just hoping to get a rough indication of cost, i.e. am I looking at less than 3k, over 5k, closer to 10k? etc. Then I can figure out if it's worth getting formal quotes or if I should change my plans.
Related
27/04/2024
750mm wide joinery - drawers?

General Discussion

Pulse is correct. It's the trap that takes up space. The plan shows a vessel style basin so you don't have to worry about a basin inset, it's just the trap that the…

30/05/2024
Kitchen joinery color suggestion

Building A New House

Thanks Chippy, that makes me feel relieved with our Poly cabinets. All the best with the build Sara.

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum