Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Criticise my kitchen plans

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone

I have been lurking the forums for a while and now it's time to post.

We are renovating our kitchen, laundry and outdoor area and this is the first renovation project that we have ever tackled. Overwhelming is an understatement.

Our kitchen plans keep changing as often as Melbourne weather but we seem to have finalise them.

Would you be so kind as to have a quick look at them and let me know if you believe that we have made a major error? I tried to keep in mind the magic triangle and other zoning components.

We are a family of 5 and it was very important for us to be able to sit the kids in the kitchen for breakfast. That and having a pull out pantry (which we put next to the fridge) were our most important requirements.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I think the cooktop bench top is to short.

What is on the right hand side of the fridge, pantry storage?
CuttingEdgeKitchens
I think the cooktop bench top is to short.

What is on the right hand side of the fridge, pantry storage?

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, it's a tall cabinet with a 2000 door and pull out drawers up to eye level then shelves or wire baskets.

The cooktop benchtop is 1800 in length with 600 either side of the cooktop. Although we were considering putting the cooktop closer to the window to have 400 on one side and 800 on the other... To have an extra prep space.

It made me realise that there isn't much measurements on my photos! The "island bench" is 2850 long 1100 wide. There's 450 between the sink and the window, and 1600 to the left of the sink which will be our main prep space.
Related
2/01/2024
In this forum we often rightly criticise builders....

Building A New House

In Victoria you cannot put a caveat on arising from a domestic building contract.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum