Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Waterfall edges after handover?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
We are building with Eden Brae and thinking of not doing waterfall edges for kitchen. EBH gave a estimate, for 2K for 2 edges. We thought using that money for something else for now and do the waterfall edges later. Is it possible? Will it be cheaper? Do we have to take some action to now to allow the waterfall edges later?

Thanks
InvincibleInDN
We thought using that money for something else for now and do the waterfall edges later. Is it possible? Will it be cheaper? Do we have to take some action to now to allow the waterfall edges later?

Don't waterfall edges have a mitre join? If so, you would need to have the benchtop ends cut to suit.
arcadelt
InvincibleInDN
We thought using that money for something else for now and do the waterfall edges later. Is it possible? Will it be cheaper? Do we have to take some action to now to allow the waterfall edges later?

Don't waterfall edges have a mitre join? If so, you would need to have the benchtop ends cut to suit.

Thanks
You can do them with a shadow-line joint instead. You’d need the ends to have a 20mm overhang
I just had temporary bench tops with my build and am getting natural granite and marble for less than the builders price for manufactured stone after handover
aphsta
You can do them with a shadow-line joint instead. You’d need the ends to have a 20mm overhang
I just had temporary bench tops with my build and am getting natural granite and marble for less than the builders price for manufactured stone after handover

I like the idea of having a temporary bench top and replace with the one we wanted. Do they installed the waterfall over the tiles?
InvincibleInDN
aphsta

I like the idea of having a temporary bench top and replace with the one we wanted. Do they installed the waterfall over the tiles?

We are doing our own vinyl planks after handover. We’ll have the stone done first so it can be laid on the hard surface.
InvincibleInDN
aphsta

You can sit them on tile not a problem
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum