Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

20mm vs 40mm caesarstone benchtops

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys.

Am I correct after reading my variation of upgrading from 20mm to 40mm caesarstone benchtop in the kitchen that it's just the edge that they stick a 40mm edging on so it just "looks" 40mm when infact the bench is still 20mm
Yep that would be correct

Caesarstone don't even manufacture thicker than 20mm on any of their stone with a small exception of a few at 30mm.
Sarah13
Hi guys.

Am I correct after reading my variation of upgrading from 20mm to 40mm caesarstone benchtop in the kitchen that it's just the edge that they stick a 40mm edging on so it just "looks" 40mm when infact the bench is still 20mm

That is exactly how it is done.
Thanks all. Isn't it funny how they don't tell you that part!! What a rip off
Sarah13

It's not just builders, that's just how Caesarstone (and probably all of the engineered stone products) is made. I suspect machining 40mm thickness would be tough.
Yes that's correct, but the price they charge to upgrade seems like they charge you double!

Sarah13

The price might be but makes little sense to make any thicker than 20mm as the stone is very heavy.

If you have a look at real marble tables, same story, it has an edge profile but folds in under the table. Even then it still weigh 100s of kgs.
We upgraded and it was only about $600. Well worth the money for the look

All 40mm Caesarstone is doubled up. It always has and always will be. Its not a rip off. Imagine your cabinets trying to support double the weight!
My benchtops are 20mm and I actually prefer the look for us. Not as chunky (I still like the 40mm, don't get me wrong, I just don't think there is anything to dislike about 20mm).
20 or 40 there is no difference in quality only looks.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum