Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Noisy Gas Cooktop

Page 1 of 1
I have a 7-year old Teknika gas cooktop powered by LPG.

Lately 2 of the burners have starting making a loud noise after being on for a few minutes.
The simmer burner however turns itself off when the noise starts. The noise is so loud the TV can't be heard.
Sorry don't know how to explain the noise.

Is this a major problem which would require a new cooktop or simply parts need to be replaced ?
If its popping then it needs anew regulator. The regulators that come with appliances are usually pretty terrible.
popping - do you mean the sound?
no it's not a popping sound but a constant whoosh or like a huge escape of gas/air, not even a whoosh
sorry just don't know how to describe it......the noise is constant, no stopping/popping, just constant flow of very loud noise
[url=<iframe]<iframe[/url]so i've worked out how to upload a video.......this is the sound my simmer burner is making - it's quite loud - then the gas goes out after about 3 minutes....so this will need a new regulator ?? if so, could someone give me a ballpark figure of cost as I don't want to spend a lot on a cooktop that's rubbish. If it's going to be an expensive exercise then I might be better off putting the money toward a new cooktop
????[url=<iframe]<iframe[/url]

[url=<iframe]<iframe[/url][url=<iframe]<iframe[/url]20170205_175037 from y rad on Vimeo.
">
20170205_175037 from y rad on Vimeo.
seriously
again ?? I give up on trying to embed a video
NO IDEA HOW
if you're interested just click on the highlighted link in the previous post
Related
18/10/2023
Noisy soffits

General Discussion

Hi, I have a double and whenever the wind picks up I can hear alot of banging in certain areas of the house. I've had a look round and can't see any obvious issue but…

3/12/2023
Sliding door to bathroom noisy

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks Chippy . Did also see a YouTube video before. Removed them . Thanks again for the advice.

25/03/2024
900MM Cooktop over a 600MM built in oven

Building A New House

My daughter and son in law are about to start building, they are having a 600mm induction cook top and 900mm oven. It's personal preferance >

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum