Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen resurfacing options

Page 1 of 1
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice or experiencing with resurfacing benchtops.

We have a huge kitchen and limited cash. It's ugly 90s laminate at present.

We got a quote today for a product called "Stone Flecks". From my googling, it looks like a paint almost? This was a company that I was really investigating to repaint the cabinet doors. Does anyone know anything about this product?

Otherwise, I'm thinking I'd just use the company to repaint the doors and call Granite Transformation for benchtops.

Would I be best to do cabinets first, or benchtops if I go this way? I'm not great at thinking of logistics of these things so I'm hating that I will have to use two different companies, but I don't want to replace all the doors as they are weird sizes and it'd all have to be custom made. (I know I sound lazy compared to some of the amazing project managers here!!!)

Thanks in advance - Lynn
We did ourselves using diamond white Rustoleum from Bunnings - easy to apply one packet did the kitchen and caravan

Before

After

Before

After

Total cost for all benches approx $300
Wow, that looks great for the price! Has it worn okay? Does it feel quite plasticky? Thank you for feedback
good job AKB. We did our 70s kitchen 15 years ago and it's held up incredibly well. We painted the tiles and laminated cupboard doors first. Then we applied new laminex over the top of the existing, ugly but sound (daggy olive green
) bench top. Looked great and saved us lots of bucks.

You can buy offcuts or discontinued colors of Laminex from places cheaply. I can't remember where I got it but do a Google

Linky
Wow, that looks great for the price! Has it worn okay? Does it feel quite plasticky? Thank you for feedback

No it doesn't feel plasticky - however it will never be as good as a professional job however for the price it got us what we want - DH explains it almost like being t 2-pac paint
You can get cheap and really gorgeous bench tops from ikea. We did that at our last place. Goodbye ugly laminate hullo gorgeous timber! All up with install costs cost $800!

Laminate tops for an average size kitchen cost around $800

Not a big fan of resurfacing, I think your better off pulling the old tops off and replacing with new laminate tops or standard range stone
Related
9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

28/12/2023
Matt Black Kitchen .. Options

Kitchen Corner

I asked this question of one of the forum's resident cabinet makers who may/may not wish to identify himself to answer other questions if he sees this, but the rersponse…

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum