Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Laminex Roman Marble

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Long time reader third time poster here

This site has been a wealth of information, i have learnt so much from reading all the posts. But now i am a bit stuck

We are looking at redoing our kitchen. I want a beech colour for the cabinets and i really like the look of the laminex roman marble for the benchtop. I am not sure about it though as it is a diamond gloss. It looks brilliant but how scratch resistant is it? Does anyone know if you can get it in a plain finish? I am assuming not as it is meant to look like marble. And any suggestions for a similar colour would be great

Thanks
This has been discussed before, here are some links

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=6085&highlight=laminex+diamond+gloss

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=6663&highlight=laminex+diamond+gloss
Thanks for that Paula. I shouldn't be so lazy

Paula, maybe you could give us all a hint on how you find a particular post
Kevin Brown

It's called a search function. Top right of the screen. Took me all of 5 seconds to find it.
Newbuilder
Kevin Brown

It's called a search function. Top right of the screen. Took me all of 5 seconds to find it.

Ditto
Paula
Newbuilder
Kevin Brown

Ditto

Ahh ok thanks for that, I didn't see that thanks
I've just decided on Laminex Squareform for the benchtops of our vanity units in the powder room and ensuite. Colours chosen Limestone for powder room and Ebony Marble for ensuite - the vanity cupboards will be designer white 2 pak semi gloss finish. The Squareform finish we're going with is matt as otherwise you have to sign a disclaimer for the gloss finish and as we won't be there when they install and will be initialling renting the house out we didn't want the hassle. I was also looking at Roman Marble but I only have a tiny brochure photo to go on and as am living in Hong Kong didn't have the benefit of the colour selection appointment to help us.
Have you decided what you'll choose?
Does anyone out there have a matt -think they call it 'flint' finish? to their squareform laminex? Paula is that what you used in your kitchen in your photo you posted - was yours mineral harmony?
It would be great to see other photos especially if someone miracles of miracles happens to have Ebony Marble and Limestone in their home!!!!
Brisvegas….what do they use in Hong Kong???

It’s been so long since I was there I can’t remember!
What is their main kitchen selections?

Just curious.
Mel….I just looked at my samples….did you know there is a Roman Marble in a flint finish!
brisvegas
I've just decided on Laminex Squareform for the benchtops of our vanity units in the powder room and ensuite. Colours chosen Limestone for powder room and Ebony Marble for ensuite - the vanity cupboards will be designer white 2 pak semi gloss finish. The Squareform finish we're going with is matt as otherwise you have to sign a disclaimer for the gloss finish and as we won't be there when they install and will be initialling renting the house out we didn't want the hassle. I was also looking at Roman Marble but I only have a tiny brochure photo to go on and as am living in Hong Kong didn't have the benefit of the colour selection appointment to help us.
Have you decided what you'll choose?
Does anyone out there have a matt -think they call it 'flint' finish? to their squareform laminex? Paula is that what you used in your kitchen in your photo you posted - was yours mineral harmony?
It would be great to see other photos especially if someone miracles of miracles happens to have Ebony Marble and Limestone in their home!!!!

Yes it was squareform - mineral harmony.
Not sure if mine was the flint finish - I've not heard of it so probably not.
Great product!!
Hi Michelle, I've sent you a PM reply to mine regarding the squareform colours. Thanks Paula for confirming that yours was indeed squareform and you're obviously happy with it. My only gripe as I've mentioned to Michelle is that Laminex and other companies can't post actual pictures of finished products on their websites with a large selection of colours so you can get a good idea what it looks like

Still am getting things sorted just have this Squareform thing to sort and it's all done. Then I'll try and upload pics of our land and hopefully we'll have full building approval by the end of the month. Unfortunately though I won't be able to post regular pics of the progress as we're having to rely on friends to take pics for us and email them on

Am starting to get a little bit excited though!!!
Good luck with it...now a word to those friends - dont forget the pics!!
p.s to Michelle, did you spot my mistake?! I was trawling through things late last night when I replied on this thread and said I'd picked out Ebony marble.....which I actually hadn't it was Black marble we'd chosen!!! Anyway the rest you know.....One question to clarify though, is Flint finish just another word for matt finish, I'm guessing so...
In Honkers, the only finishes I've come across are formica (and just tiny samples from B&Q a UK DIY shop that has opened here) and all other places we've been to are Corian, Granite, Marble etc for benchtops the other type being a lacquer finish on cupboards which I'm guessing is the same as 2 Pak although they have never heard of 2Pak or vinyl wrap or Squareform here....! Life would have been SOOO much easier if we'd have been able to go into kitchen showrooms and view actual products instead it's been mostly online with the kitchens in a few places imagining the contrasting colours and hoping at the end of it, that we've (I say we more like I!) made the right choices - you know what men are like, you go with what you think, I'm sure it'll be fine....!!!!
Hi all

Michelle, I didn't know they did it in a flint finish! I have trawled through the laminex website and couldn't find anything that told me definate that it would be a flint finiish. I just assume then that diamondgloss was the only finish they did.

I love the diamondgloss finish, but the kitchen does get a beating in our house, so was concernabout scratching.
Thanks for that, another option to consider
we've picked the laminex ebony marble in the dimensions finish for our vanity top. Can't show you it yet though unfortunately since we've only just had pre--start ourselves. The dimensions finsh is the one that is not completely smooth. I would suspect the "flint" finish is the smooth version. I know laminex were changing their name of the various finishes and that some of the samples used the word "flint" and some used something else. That might be where your confusion comes in.
Related
18/12/2023
Marble Tiling Issues

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi All, This is my first bathroom Reno and tiler has just finished installing marble tiles…only problem is they don’t look right? There are holes in the grout, really…

27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum