Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

'Touch' activated kitchen tapware - in Australia?

Page 1 of 1
http://www.grohe.com/ie/25484/kitchen/t ... dra-touch/

Can you buy these in australia?

Anyone seen them here?

In the uk ... they're only around AUD $600-700.

They seem to be all the rage in the US/Europe.
I do not think they are in Oz yet but I bet they will cost a bomb. I am having Grohe throughout and I wanted the filter tap but they dont even carry those yet. this is because for the Australian market everything must be DR Brass and the rollout takes longer. From what I was told.
AussieMark
I do not think they are in Oz yet but I bet they will cost a bomb. I am having Grohe throughout and I wanted the filter tap but they dont even carry those yet. this is because for the Australian market everything must be DR Brass and the rollout takes longer. From what I was told.

Thanks AussieMark... I wonder if you can buy these yourself from overseas and install them here?
I looked into that too. Because they at not made with dr brass and do not have Aussie standards stamp plumbers will not fit. In the extreme case of one failing an insurance company would unlikely pay due to the absence of the Aust stds marking.

I think that the consumables such as shower heads are worth getting in as they are replacement items. The taps and wall junctions I am just stumping up the cash.
have seen a price of 370 Euros in Germany.
I have a sensor tap - don't even need to tap it, just wave your hand over the top or place a jug in front of the second sensor and it automatically comes on.

Bought mine from the States and had a plumber adapt it.

the tap is sold by Sea of White in Osborne park/Perth for $1050, as expected a fortune compare to EU (A$530).
AussieMark
I looked into that too. Because they at not made with dr brass and do not have Aussie standards stamp plumbers will not fit. In the extreme case of one failing an insurance company would unlikely pay due to the absence of the Aust stds marking.

I think that the consumables such as shower heads are worth getting in as they are replacement items. The taps and wall junctions I am just stumping up the cash.

No names, but I know someone who imported grohe basin mixers from the UK. 40% of the local price

The plumber had no issues installing it, they even supplied 3/8 to 1/2inch adapter.

Of course that person would replace the tap with a $29 bunnings special in the unlikely event of making an insurance claim

I'd bet that German made Grohe is built to a much higher standard that the $29 Chinese made aust approved tapware.

That's the troubles with the Aus plumbing supply chain, from what I can see. I would guess that most retailers would pay about 35% less then retail for Grohe. So that 40% off is cheaper then the merchants can get it for, before adding their cut!

You can thank our higher standards, not supplied directly by manufacturer ( there's a middle man in AUS), costly WELS scheme, transport and cost to run a business here for that!

I guess it's also a risk, to have no warranty.
Also don't forget that DR brass is needed which apparently requires a separate tooling setup. I think the whole dr brass is a ploy by certain Aussie Manufacturers to restrict the market.
Related
8/08/2023
Polyurethane wardrobe door touch up

General Discussion

Normally you use builders bog. Polyurethane painting is basically the same principle as car panel beating and painting. All the prep work is the same and so is the…

25/07/2023
Tapware brands

General Discussion

Thank you fro your response, Simeon. It is good to hear that you have had a positive experience with Parisi. I am always on the lookout for reliable products, and personal…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum