Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Undermount front loader in kitchen?

Page 1 of 1
I'm really restricted for space. The kitchen leads into the laundry but I'm having trouble with the back door and the door to the front loader in the laundry, if the door to the front loader is left open and the back door gets opened it could get broken.

I'm thinking about getting the front loader undermounted next to the dishwasher in the kitchen. Any thoughts? The same issue applies, size. I'm not sure I want to get the cupboards built to spec to fit a particular machine.

EDIT: Keeping with the theme of washer in the kitchen, the mixers with hoses: will one of those generally reach to fill a bucket either on the drainer or the floor? Seeing the washer will be in the kitchen I'll have no laundry tub.
Why cant you still have a tub in the laundry?

I've got no issue with the washer in the kitchen, it's very english though. I would consider what your plans are for the property, sell it soon? Stay forever?

People buying a house will notice the washer in the kitchen and may not like it, people wont notice the issue with the door until they've bought it and moved in.
We'd like to move out and rent it out for two years in about three years time. Ugh the laundry is really small. I can just fit the bosch 7kg front loader just inside the back door I think. Ideally I'd like to have it set up to accommodate either a front loader or top loader but either way the tub has to go.

Here is a rough plan. It's not to scale with correct measurements because a)I'm on holiday and b) I'm a donkey when it comes to measurements and scale

Currently I have one bench and if I want to put four dinner plates on the bench to serve dinner I have to move the coffee and sugar canister to the top of the fridge. I'm working with a very small space and extending is cost prohibitive, it won't make the room longer just deeper and I'd not add much value to the house. I'd rather work with the space I've got and maximise the use of it.
Could you consider swapping the washer and fridge around?

You could swap the hinges on the fridge door to better accomodate the opening door.

You'll also be less likely to accidently open the door when the fridge is open (assuming there's some kind of window in the door)

Tough space, ill think some more
Swapping the fridge and washer around would be best solution to be able to accommodate both front load or top load. I'm doubtful the depth next to the back door will take a top loader. I'm looking at about 75cm from the door frame to the wall depth wise I think. The fridge has to be side by side. I could put a freezer in the garage but don't want to risk power issues (busy bodies unplugging cords)

The pantry can be custom width and depth.

ta.
can you change the back door so it opens the other way in, and wont hit the open front loader door?

if you are going to have the washer in the kitchen, make sure it is concealed behind cabinetry so you cant tell.
kiwi
can you change the back door so it opens the other way in, and wont hit the open front loader door?

if you are going to have the washer in the kitchen, make sure it is concealed behind cabinetry so you cant tell.

Sounds like a good idea!
kiwi

You can get the Asko integrated washing machine, it's designed to be integrated behind a cupboard door without increasing the depth.

Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

18/12/2023
Replacing front fence

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Try your local council. They should be able to advise in regards ownership of next door dwellling and give advice as to what steps you have to take before doing any work

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum