Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Did I go ok? Post-color nerves...

Page 1 of 1
We had our color appointment on Friday and now I'm stressing about my choices. This kitchen stuff is hard!

Just wondering if anyone has similar colors that I could see to help ease my nerves?

This is what I picked:
* Overhead cabinets - polar white (gloss)
* Base cabinets/kickboards - zincworks (natural finish)
* Island/bench caesarstone - raven
* Splashback - dulux raku (star fire glass)

Our kitchen has no direct windows but there will be a fair amount of light coming through the living/dining areas.
http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mrst12/A937289B-5946-47BC-8FCC-5EF2440B7920-3165-000001FEC07880AB_zps3d14d03a.jpg
I am no good with colours, but have you played with envisage? I find it easier to visualise that way -
http://www.studiom.com.au/envisage
Oh thanks!! I havent seen that before.

So here is (kind of) how my kitchen would look:

And while I'm at it, my bathroom:

Living room:

Aaaaaand exterior:

I think it all looks really great. Only suggestion is maybe a bit of render on the facade to break up the brick?
Yeah we'll be rendering later on, can get a family member to do it much much much cheaper than the builders!

It's really only the splashback I'm worried about.
I don't know if I should do a lighter grey, maybe silkwort? Like this:
Personal taste really but I think I still prefer the dark splashback. Would be harder to keep clean though!
looks great! I think the silkwort is probably too light, is there one in between the two?
MrsT12
We had our color appointment on Friday and now I'm stressing about my choices. This kitchen stuff is hard!

Just wondering if anyone has similar colors that I could see to help ease my nerves?

This is what I picked:
* Overhead cabinets - polar white (gloss)
* Base cabinets/kickboards - zincworks (natural finish)
* Island/bench caesarstone - raven
* Splashback - dulux raku (star fire glass)

I think I can help......

Our overheads - polar white
Our base cabinets/kickboards - zincworks (natural, we used zinc riven finish in the laundry)
Island/bench - Smartstone Pierre Bleu (black)

Check out the blog for more pics.
Thanks PAB_34 that looks great!!

TinaG I'm sure there is, I'll just have to look into it
I love the idea of the black splashback
don't be afraid!
to give you more ideas
i have zincworks gloss with new basmati for the top and went for a red splashback

i also have a feature wall in leadman grey near the kitchen
Thanks guys! I double checked at Tender and decided to stil with the dark Raku
Colours are such a personal thing & I think personality has a lot to do with it. Your colours look great & its very neutral so anything will go
Related
4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum