Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Blum blumotion soft door closers...

Page 1 of 3
Hey all,

I am looking at the soft closer retro fits and I have found out that I have blum hinges etc in my cupboards.

Now If I understand it correctly I can fit a clip on soft closer to this hinge?

If so I would like 14 of these please...

I also have these drawers:

The last inch of these the drawer pulss itself in and I would like to put in a Blum 970 (or 970A if there is a difference) into the carcass beside each drawer.

If this is possible I would like 14 of these too please.

These are what I am after I think:

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my draws and doors on my own kitchen
I dont know yet if the round one we both plan on using for the draws with actually work
The soft closers for the hinges look to be the correct ones
Those clip on door dampers should fit, but if it is possible I would try it with one first, as not all of the Blum hinges that look like they can accommodate the clips ons can.

Although one per hinge are advised, you might well find that one per door is adequate for smaller (narrower than 600mm) doors.

If you have any bi fold doors you will need a different type of damper as well as some of those barrel style dampers for where the second door closes against the gable.

We have succesfully retro fitted drawers with the in-gable barrel type plunger damper before, although the manufacturers do not recommend it.

If you are not up to drilling straight into the gable for the barrel location, a bracket can also be purchased that allows you to mount the barrel on the inside of the gable instead.

Cheers,

Earl
OK so I found the local distributor and got myself some of these things!

How f*cken good are they???

Everyone should have these!

And cheap...OMG!! $2 for the clip on and $3 for the drill in!

These are the clip on units ^

and these are the ones i put in for the drawers!!

No more slamming at my house...
Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing that info!
Will definitely have those too in our house!
Mattwalker
well done on the soft close draws
Do the draw ones work ok?
Any chance of posting a full picture of the draw soft closers
Sure Kev,

10mm hole aprrox 75mm deep!

They are not as good as the hinge mounted but they certainly quiet the motion down...
You have been a busy boy!!

That sounds like a good idea for my new house, have to wait to see if I have them first (wouldnt that be a bonus!).

great to see they are so cheap.
mattwalker
No more slamming at my house...

Hmmmm.....4 year old who only knows one speed and one volume...may have to consider.
twin 4 year olds who have the same problem!

mattwalker
twin 4 year olds who have the same problem!

I feel your pain
I feel your pain ...in stereo!
mattwalker
OK so I found the local distributor

..... who is???
ah I will PM you...
mattwalker
Sure Kev,

10mm hole aprrox 75mm deep!

They are not as good as the hinge mounted but they certainly quiet the motion down...

Matt
Did you put one on each side of the draw or only one side?
Kevin,

On the standard drawers I put 1 and on the pot drawers I put 2.
So for the door ones, how do you fit them? I can't quite work out how that happens - do you replace part of the hinge with the new piece, or does it add on to what's there?

And the price you got them for is great!
alabaster
So for the door ones, how do you fit them? I can't quite work out how that happens - do you replace part of the hinge with the new piece, or does it add on to what's there?

And the price you got them for is great!

They just clip onto the hinge as as add on.
But you have to have the right type of hinge in the first place
There are two types of door ones:

- the ones that simply clip into your existing door hinges in you have Blum hinges (no tools required, no replacing anything, you simply clip them onto the top).

- the ones that you screw in to the inside of your cupboard carcass separate from your hinges (therefore it doesn't matter what brand your hinges are).

I installed mine yesterday, and luckily for me this was made easy due to the fact that my kitchen was built with Blum hinges.

As far as the drawer ones go, I put two in for every drawer, as they are a little light-on as far as how much force the absorb. Two seemed to be just enough IMHO, and they're still very easy to install - you simply drill a 10mm diameter hole (around 60mm to 70mm deep from memory, just more than long enough to accomodate the body of this thing) where ever you want to put one, then just shove it in the hole. Done.

Loving the result...
In case you dont have Blum hinges these are a good option and they are going cheap still!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290226340931&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

Related
18/01/2024
Soft clay in footing

Landscape & Garden Design

I've dug some footings to embed a post anchor into. My holes are around 450mm deep which I'll put a 200mm stirrup into. The bottom of these holes seem firm enough. …

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum