Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Thoughts on two tone bench tops??

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
This is my first post but i've been reading lots and hope someone can help me as im having benchtop issues!
Basically we have a slab of Stone Italiana in "Baseperla" from a previous kitchen that we would like to use for our breakfast bar. This seems to be one of the most expensive stones out there ($2300 per slab) but we are wanting to keep costs down so i was thinking of getting another stone to match it. It was suggested we try ceasarstone in "cashmere" for the rest of the kitchen.
I have seen two tone cupboards being used but never different benchtops. They are both quite warm colours.
Do you think this will work?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
What colour cupboards are you having?

Perhaps rather than trying to match the stone, you could use another colour to blend in with your cupboards leaving the island stone as the star.

We have just off white cupboards with a charcoal stone bench top on the back bench (to blend in the induction cooktops) but white stone on the island.

I wasn't sure this would look ok but found this website http://www.houzz.com/ which has thousands of beautiful pictures to confirm (or not
) your ideas. Just use the search to narrow what your looking for.
We have done some jobs where there are two stone colours and it has looked great. I guess it depends on what colours you are mixing.

I'll look through my photos to see if I have any pictures.
If your stone is the middle colour then any of these caesarstones would look good with it.
I like the Wild Rice with it. Hope this helps.
I have a black bench on the back of kitchen and a white on the island bar. I like the two different colours. Gives it a point of difference to most kitchens.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af187/Kaytee50/Marble.jpg
Thanks so much for the advice, i have now seen lots of different coloured benchtops on the website you suggested and feel much better about the choice!
Kaytee our stone is exactly like the middle ones so i think "cashmere" should tone in nicely.
Related
3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

29/05/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

What is the distance between the island and the bench please?

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum