Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Schweigen v Qasair

Page 1 of 1
We are looking at upgrading our kitchen appliances (stove, rangehood and oven). We do a fair amount of wok cooking. The local appliance store recommended Highland for the stove, Qasair for the rangehood and siemens for the oven.

I like the Highland stove (6 burner) but would like some advice on the pros and cons of the Qasair Maitland Range (1000mm) and the Schweigen DS317012SP (1200mm). The appliance store that sells the Highland does not sell Schweigen and said it was not as good as the Qasair. I am suspecting that is marketing spin to get a sale. I have been through the forums and I know both are good rangehoods. I guess I am trying to work out is the Qasair really worth the extra $1800? I was quoted $4000 for the Qasair, I have seen the Schweigen for $2200 online.
I haven't had either installed but from my research, I think I would be happy with the Schweigan (if we have an unlimited budget, that's what I would get). The specs seem good and I love the idea that the motor is up on the ceiling, not in the kitchen. It's still not cheap, but to me, it looks like better value than the Qasair.

Find another store than stocks Schweigan and have a look.
For units with similar performance, they both cost almost the same, but you pay extra for the ducts in Qasair.
what about Goldline products. they are designed for high power wok and oil cooking, australian made too i think. We have one.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum