Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Powerpoint install near cooktops

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I'm having my kitchen renovated and wanted to confirm rules with installation of powerpoints near cooktops.

Setup is, I have the space for the fridge, then 450mm benchtop then the cooktop and wanted to have a powerpoint installed on the splashback between the fridge space and cooktop.

I was told that i cannot have this because powerpoints need to be more than 600mm away from the cooktop.

Can someone please confirm for me if this is correct as the 450mm benchspace between the two is a waste of space and it would be handy to have kettle or toaster there to free up space somewhere else?
I have one installed in the fixed panel (to hide the electric cables and gas piping) under the cooktop, right next to the kill switch for the induction cooktop.
600mm from cooktop? Never heard that one. The SAA wiring rules are the governing regulations.
I thought it was 300mm but dont quote me on that. My power points are 400mm away from my gas cooktop.
its 600mm from the centre of the burner
rosewood
its 600mm from the centre of the burner

Never heard that one? Where did that come from?

It would assume if it was correct it would be 600from the centre of the outside burner.
actually checked my gas rules & its 200mm from the edge of the burner to a combustible surface.
Our electrician installed our powerpoints last weekend and the edge of the powerpoint is approx 500mm from the edge of the stove and he never questioned where we wanted to put it.
Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum