Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Island Bench 3560

Page 1 of 1
Anyone got any ideas for an island bench 3560 long x 1100 wide. Would love to do it without a join but so far the only option i can find for that is laminate and we didn't want to go there. If there are other options i would love to hear them.
Thanks
Brett
I think you are SOL. There will be a joint although Corian and its like does have less obvious joints, at the expense of being more prone to marking.

An option we looked at, then rejected, was to have it at two levels, say cooking/prep area, and eating area.
Are you short by much? I cant remember what the max length of the sheet is. If its something small, you could change the style of your kitchen bench and have side shelves, so that your benchtop is the max size of a sheet, but the entire size of your island is the same.

I cant find a good picture of what I mean. The following are examples of extreme cases

Your out of luck.

CaesarStone max length is 3000mm

Silestone max length is 3200mm
Thanks for your comments. We have found a granite slab about 3.5 that the cabinet maker says will get us a 3.4 mtr island so i think we are going to do that. 160mm isn't much to loose when you think about it.
Related
7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

29/05/2024
Kitchen island dimensions

Kitchen Corner

Well, it was the default we got with our deign, walking through the build last week felt ok, based on drawings on the floor, it is basically a metre, which is quite a big…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum