Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Square Edge Caesarstone Upgrade

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Our builder lists "Pencil Round" edge as their standard Caesarstone edge profile. I really don't like the pencil round. The builder is willing to change to square edge, but is unsure of the price.

Has anyone upgraded to square edge, and do you have a rough idea of the upgrade price for a approx 5m of benchtops?
If you're talking about the Aris edging, I think the cost difference is very minimal based on the quotes I've had. However, those were independent quotes from stonemasons, and the 'upgrade' cost from a builder might differ considerably.
Thanks MrZebra,

Unsure of the name, our selections form only has a space to write in, and the colour consultant wrote "square edge".

I always thought pencil edge would be extra on CS (I guessed based on most CS I've seen are square edged).
MattyT
Thanks MrZebra,

Unsure of the name, our selections form only has a space to write in, and the colour consultant wrote "square edge".

I always thought pencil edge would be extra on CS (I guessed based on most CS I've seen are square edged).

My CS edge said pencil round on our colour selection too, but it's actually square. I always thought bull nose was the really round one.
Unless you are after a different kind of square? I know there's a few different edges with a squarish look. Have you looked at the different edges on the CS website?

This is my "pencil round" it was the standard with my builder also
My stone mason told me that square edge will have very sharp edges and can get chipped. so go for pencil round.
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

13/09/2023
Slab edge Dampness

General Discussion

Quarter of it

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum