Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Benchtop - Starlight Black or Black Rocks?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

We're in the process of renovating our kitchen and I'm struggling to make a decision on a benchtop. Have narrowed it down to 2 choices:

Black Rocks from Caesarstone:
http://www.caesarstone.com.au/Colours/C ... s%E2%84%A2

Starlight Black from Quantum Quartz:
http://www.wk.com.au/Projects/Gallery/R ... cgallery=1

So I'm looking for some guidance. Has anyone used either of these? Do you have pics you could share?

Any advice on quality, maintenance, care of either brand/stone?
Hi,

The kitchen company we went with also carried both brands. We ended up with Ceasarstone (cashmere). Have been happy with the product. Easy care with damp soft cloth.

The black colours you're considering look great. Maybe you could ask your kitchener to show you if they have installed those bench tops?
I have starlight black in my office. It looks great. I would go for that over black rocks.. Have you seen a full slab of the black rocks? You should, as it can be overwhelming in full size.
In our experience starlight black is a more popular colour, but as I tell my customers all the time it's personal preference!
Thanks for the info guys.

I do like the starlight black and it looks much more classy than the Black Rocks, but I worry it will show up every fingerprint and every mark and will need a lot more cleaning. Do you find this in your office ReconExpert?

Also do you know if there is much difference in terms of quality between the Caesarstone and Quantum Quartz?
MagicGirl79
Thanks for the info guys.

I do like the starlight black and it looks much more classy than the Black Rocks, but I worry it will show up every fingerprint and every mark and will need a lot more cleaning. Do you find this in your office ReconExpert?

Also do you know if there is much difference in terms of quality between the Caesarstone and Quantum Quartz?

I do need to clean it constantly but that'd go for any blacks (well more so than lighter colours). Also, we do stonemasonry which is an industry that comes with fine dust all over the factory and office... So I have this issue regardless.

Quality between the two is the same. They both offer a limited 10 year warranty and from experience our clients have had they've done well in customer service and helping with any material defects there might be. In all our years of trading there have been minimal issues through both companies.
Related
1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

10/12/2023
Small black specks appearing on new white Caesar Stone

Kitchen Corner

Thankyou for your advice. We do have Caesar coming out and hopefully resolve the issue for us.

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum