Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Washing machine to run off kitcken faucet?

Page 1 of 1
hi, guys,

I just moved into a new place (renting, and my first foray out of the family home), and bought a washing machine before realising there's no place to put it(!). Rather than let it gather dust, I was hoping to rig it to the kitchen faucet/sink.

Being completely ignorant on the matter, does anyone have any suggestions/experience about how/whether this is possible? I'd popped into my local plumbing store and they suggested that the pressure from the machine would likely blow the faucet, and I had a quick peek under the sink and see no pipes to rig up any plumbing (i.e. it's all behind the tiles).

I'll post up an image shortly, but appreciate any advice! Mthks
*bump*

mods, might you consider moving this thread to the "bathroom & laundry" forum? thnx
ack_84
*bump*

mods, might you consider moving this thread to the "bathroom & laundry" forum? thnx

You might be best calling a plumber to see if its possible.

If it is possible you will need the plumber to make the conection anyway!
A few years ago when I was living in a unit I had a front loading washing machine on castors that ran off the kitchen tap.

My plumbing supplier provided me with a special fitting that replaced the existing end cap of the tap and a matching piece for the washing machine hose so that the two clicked together much like an air hose - never had a problem with it except for a tendency for the washing machine to try and roll away if we forgot to lock the castors.

Cheers,

Earl
Related
2/04/2024
Extending Washing Machine Hose

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hey all Currently renovating our laundry, bought a new washing machine but have found that the drainage hose is alot shorter than the old machine (which I used to get the…

20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum