Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

kitchen design software programs

Page 1 of 1
Hi just wondering if anyone has found a good program for designing your kitchen/ bathroom etc, have seen some to download, but want a easy to use one. just trying to finalise my kitchen design.
My DH used Google SketchUp. It's free to download. There's tutorials on YouTube.
kool, thank you, I have seen that one, but wasnt sure what it was like.
cheers
Ikea and Mitre10 both have free online programs you can use to design kitchens on their websites. Even though the components are from their flatpack products, they are standard sizes and the software is featureful, free and easy to use.

Chris.
Metricon http://www.studiom.com.au/envisage has some kitchen design software, obviously very limited but can help with colours. Its all pre-templated.
Definately google sketchup. Once you know the basic steps, it's very easy
The ikea program is very good. It builds 2D models and 3D models. I've done 2 kitchens using it now, and will probably do my 3rd the same way. The hardware they use for their drawer systems are Blum, with metal drawers - can't get any better than that - they are better than most custom made drawer systems that use timber / cheap rail systems.

You can get custom made blum drawers from a good cabinet maker - but it's expensive compared to ikea. The upside is you get more choice in colors.

The best part of the ikea software, is that once you design it using their standard cabinet sizes, it calculates your entire parts list and prices out your kitchen for you so you know how much it's going to cost if you DIY it, and you can use this as a starting point for deciding whether you want to do it yourself, or pay someone to do your kitchen for you.

..David

my build:
http://sugarloafdrivebuild.blogspot.com/
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

24/06/2023
Slab design

Building A New House

Although I am a big opponent of using waffle pod slabs over H2/P soils under any circumstances, in your case I would certainly opt in to keep piers under central…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum