Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Shadowline question

Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I need some help please.

When we went to prestart, I requested no handles, reverse bevelled and shadowline effect. On our plans, it reads:

Kitchen Elevations K2 & K3 to have reverse bevelled edges and no handle with shadowline effect. 40mm between top of reverse bevelled and benchtop. Top o'hang past cbd door is 25mm. Space from u'side of top of door 25mm & space between drawers 25mm.
Kitchen o'head cbds to have reverse bevelled edges and no handle with shadowline effect.

Ok, so Im confused about the space from u'side of top of door 25mm. Can someone pls explain where they r talking about and is it the part between the top of the door and the bench. If that is right, then the thing that is confusing me is the space between the top of the reverse bevelled and the benchtop is 40mm

Another thing is the o'head cupboards. Ive read that a lot of people have their oh cbds overhang by about 10mm. Do u think they r charging me for reverse bevelled and shadowline when I dont actually need it with the o'head cupboards.

Do u think what is written is going to look ok, cos Im bloody confused and I cannot speak to the cabinet maker.

Please help
Wish I could help but all that talk about reverse bevelled edges has me confused lol. I'll take a closeup pic of mine see if it's similar to what we think they mean duh.
As I'm doing this I think it's becoming clearer. Reverse bevelled edge is if you open from the bottom of the drawer?? Shadow line is the metal strip between drawers. If you have RBE on the top cupboards you won't have a shadow line? Yes? Mine are nothing like that lol
let me read that one more time.

Still confused sorry
So am I

I probably made it even more confusing by the way I was writing it all down. Thanks for posting them Suh.
Why not just go for a 45 degree edge on the top of the cabinet door or draws. Much cleaner look than metal shadowlines. Probably much cheaper too.
I havent got the aluminium handles in the shadowline. Mine will be without.
Can you do a little drawing
I have seen handles (but not really handles) cut on an angle with the metal shadowline in between drawers and it looks really good.
Is it sort of like mine? All my cupboards and drawers have a lip for the want of a better word. (Although I chose a scooped rounded lip instead of the angled sharper lip)

Kyton, that is exactly what I am after. I gave a picture of something similar to this to the builder to show what I wanted. Its just confusing with what they have written to the specifics of it all. With what they wrote, will I get this. Does that make sense
ok kyton wins
Ok here are some closer photos of mine. From the top of the drawer / cupboard to the bottom of the scoop is 30mm.

I also found the original booklet from the 2pack company showing their available profiles. Have scanned the two recessed handles - mine is the rounded one, is yours the angled one?

Thanks so much for that Kyton. Im pretty sure that what we are getting will be the one you didnt get. I might need to go back into laminex again. Or pass it all in and get handles
Im not getting much help from my builder and I cant really speak to the cabinet maker until Ive signed a contract apparently so this is frustrating.
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum