Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Island Bench - having to use two pieces of stone

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

Wanted advice please. We have an island bench that someone has suggested widening. We agree this would look great. Problem is in the island bench there are two supporting beams going to the cathedral style ceiling. If we widen the bench the guy giving the quote said we would have to use two pieces of stone and that we would see the join as it would have to accomodate the beams. Not too keen on this - anyone had the same issue?
don't have this issue, but I'll try to get a pick of the bench from my out-laws house

You can barely see the join unless you stand right over it.

Perhaps if you get some pictures others could offer advice.

I will be having a similar problem when we upgrade our kitchen bench as it 4.75mt long and longest stone slab we could find was 3.15mt
We have a join in our bench - it really bothered me in the beginning, esp as I was never told there would be a join (and being a naive 1st time builder didn't realise or even think about the maximum lengths of stone) - now however I don't even notice it - it helps though that they put it in the least obvious place - am thankful of that at least!!!
Our Caesarstone benchtops have a corner join that blends into the stone. It's there if you look but most of the time you don't even notice it.

We also considered StaronĀ® Solid Surfaces which could possibly be installed in your situation without any visible seams.
We have two joins in our benchtops due to angles, and while they're not invisible, if you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't notice them.
We also have one join in our stone that I'm aware of but i don't notice it unless I actually look for it.
Related
7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

29/05/2024
Kitchen island dimensions

Kitchen Corner

Well, it was the default we got with our deign, walking through the build last week felt ok, based on drawings on the floor, it is basically a metre, which is quite a big…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum