Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen island question

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, the builder I am working with had quoted Corian for the kitchen island but I like the idea of Essastone as well. Does anyone know the cost difference between Corian and Essastone? I am even open to the idea of having a concrete top (only concern is cracks due to heat) or even a stainless steel or even an aluminium top. Any thoughts?
personally I'm not a fan of corian as my uncle has this and after just a year there are lots of small scratches on the benchtop. concrete and stainless have a certain look so it really dpeneds on what you want!
My kitchen guy quoted "more" for corian over essastone. Didn't bother getting an exact figure.
Hey leni, your pull out drawers look great, I would love to have that kind of pull out drawers for my pantry. Does it cost you a lot to add that or it is part of the plan by your builder?

And yes I heard alot about scratches on corian and that's my concern.

Sanguis, it is good news if essastone is cheaper, I just have to see if my builder can replace and reduce my pricing for the countertop!!
Related
29/05/2024
Kitchen island dimensions

Kitchen Corner

Well, it was the default we got with our deign, walking through the build last week felt ok, based on drawings on the floor, it is basically a metre, which is quite a big…

7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum