Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

kitchen cabinet resurfacing - recommendations (Brisbane)

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am in the process of looking into having our existing kitchen cabinets resurfaced. It currently has a vinyl wrap which is peeling off, though it is only about 6 or 7 years old.

I am wanting to keep costs down (i had about $2000 in mind), but not sure if i am kidding myself.

I do like the gloss/2-pac finish, but am open to other ideas if it will look good. I want the colour in white.

Anyway, would love any recommendations you can offer.

Laura
Hi there, no one actually replied to my query a few weeks back about kitchen cupboard resurfacing, but I thought I would let you know what I ended up going with in case this might help someone else!

As I mentioned, our kitchen cupboards were still in good condition, but it was the vinyl wrap or laminate that was peeling off that was the problem.

I found a company called Redcliffe Kitchen Resurfacing who attended on site and sprayed an acrylic paint over the cupboards to give a shine and glossy (or similar to 2-pac finish). The process took a few days, but it was so worth it and extremely budget friendly. I was so impressed with the price for the kitchen, I got 2 extra bathroom cabinets done also.

The end job was immaculate and simply stunning.

If you're interested in this company, their website is www.redcliffekitchenresurfacing.com.au

I got other quotes, but this company was about $2000 less than the other 2 quotes I obtained.
It was $3,000 for both the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Our kitchen is not small either.
Thank you for the update. We are currently considering resurfacing as an option. Do you have a photo? Would love to see a picture?

Thanks,
i will try to add a photo this week.
After four years, how is your kitchen resurfacing holding up? I am interested in having our kitchen done but am wondering about durability. Would you still recommend it?
lenders
Hi,

I am in the process of looking into having our existing kitchen cabinets resurfaced. It currently has a vinyl wrap which is peeling off, though it is only about 6 or 7 years old.

I know this is an old thread but the easiest and cheapest way is to strip the old vinyl off your existing doors and have them sprayed in polyurethane.

I have done this for atleast 6 people now and have never had any issues. Average cost was around $1700 with the customer pulling the doors and vinyl off then refitting the doors.
I used these guys for my 3 bathrooms and kitchen.

Awesome value and super profesional.

www.pattonpaintingandresurfacing.com

Whoever does it make sure the prep well and use a good product or you will be doing it every year.
Hi

My kitchen cupboards are custom-sized doors and look awful, so I think it would be better to recover them somehow rather than try to buy new doors, so I'm starting some research on this.

With the resurfacing, are the cupboards sprayed after the laminate is taken off? Or is the laminate replaced please?

H
Related
9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum