Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

What colour glass splash back ...orange?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I'm really tearing my hair out over what colour I should choose for my glass kitchen splashback. Walls are Dulux whisper white, cupboards are Tesrol matt white shadowline, bench top is Corian arctic white. The room is bathed in sunshine with loads of north facing windows, glass and water views. Its a beautiful room but it looks very white and bland right now.

Because this is a post war red brick house , I'm wondering about orange glass to give it a lift? It would look very cool, but I'm scared!
The floors are light coloured polished hardwood. I like the understated elegant look, with splashes of colour. The rest of the house has white walls with bright art work. Would orange be too loud?
I'd appreciate your views
Are you renovating to sell or for your self? If your renovating to sell I would go for a more neutral tone. If you are doing it for your seff then I say go for it.

We renovated to sell & have just done ours & went for a metallic sea green, I do love it but I probably would have gone for Candy Apple Red if I was doing it for myself.
we are going red with a white kitchen and whitish tiles.
i say go for it.
We've seen gorgeous orange splashbacks on here...somewhere...they do look great.
wow never seen an orange one would love to see it. Do you know where abouts Suh?
That's the 50 million dollar question nathan, I shall search
We are going to have a medium teal colour. White cupboards and black bench. As long as you like the colour go for it.
joles was considering one at one stage and so I think a few pictures were displayed somewhere
ooh la la, that is stunning. Not that my hubby would go for it
Ours is close to a burnt orange than red colour. However tiles can look red in photos. They are not clean at the moment though. Go for orange. Looks awesome!!!
wow that looks awsome. Go the orange.....
Thanks for your encouragement. The colour is Dulux playschool. You can view it at the addresses below
http://www.dulux.com.au/colour/colour-g ... ry/oranges
hia.com.au/upload/hia/.../k&b%20winners%20profiles%202008.pdf
Go on...be brave. I am having an all-white kitchen and I have chosen a very bright green splashback. If you love colour and want to stand out from the rest, go for it. You only live once! Also at the end of the day, it an be replaced if need be.
I really like the orange in the photo and having the chocolate cupboards gives it warmth, that's a perfect combination...a bit of glass, fresh white and warm brown.
suh
I really like the orange in the photo and having the chocolate cupboards gives it warmth, that's a perfect combination...a bit of glass, fresh white and warm brown.

You took the words right out of my mouth, suh.
I think with all white it could be a bit much, but with a darker tone added somewhere, SENSATIONAL.

I think I posted that pic originally - it's from a display home that I just loved.
Did you just give yourself a kiss for being so clever kek
it is gorgeous, and I agree totally with you
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum