Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Soft Close Drawers

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have any idea how much soft close option adds to the cost of a drawer or cupboard?
Sorry can't help you with a price but whatever it is, it is worth it. We have Blum soft close on all our cupboards throughout the house and I love them. No banging doors when DH is putting the dishes away every morning, no banging doors when kids are in the bathroom
Yes we are definately going to get them, especially as out cabinetry will be handleless but just wanted an idea of cost so I can put into my budget.

Thanks
$80 each drawer
Thanks Wilson.
If you budget on $80 per draw you will be safe. I think we were charged $70 per drawer but our quote didn't go into line by line detail. I just said I wanted them from the outset & didn't want a price with & without.

Definitely worth it though. I love 'em!!
Not sure how much per drawer, but my mum was charged extra $600 for the blum drawers on whole kitchen. This would have been about 10 drawers in total including the two in the pantry (which are a bit more expensive).
Melrich
Does anyone have any idea how much soft close option adds to the cost of a drawer or cupboard?

as other posters have indicated ,allow about $80 over the price of a normal steel sided self closing drawer and you will be close to the mark
You can also get soft close cupboard doors too.
Heard someone mentioning Ikea sell these too - is that right?
Cheers
Kim
OMG
Heard someone mentioning Ikea sell these too - is that right?
Cheers
Kim

yes thats right ,but ikea have done a deal with blum and have blum supply the drawers with plastic sides instead of powdercoated sides that we manufacturers in australia have to buy ,which puts ikea in a commanding position if YOU the customer are buying on price ,but thankfully most people in australia think about the current unemployment of our kids that are coming through the school sysetm .some will go on to university some will be looking for a trade ,dont send your money overseas so that they will send us more crap to buy ,BUY AUSTRALIAN and give our kids a job and a future
Related
18/01/2024
Soft clay in footing

Landscape & Garden Design

I've dug some footings to embed a post anchor into. My holes are around 450mm deep which I'll put a 200mm stirrup into. The bottom of these holes seem firm enough. …

27/04/2024
750mm wide joinery - drawers?

General Discussion

Pulse is correct. It's the trap that takes up space. The plan shows a vessel style basin so you don't have to worry about a basin inset, it's just the trap that the…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum