Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Cabinet door & benchtop colours - anyone else done these?

Page 1 of 1
I'm building, and trying to decide whether to match the ensuite & main to the kitchen colours. What have other people done here? I've heard of people doing reverse colours etc.

Would appreciate any fab pics anyone has - especially in the colours below.

I was considering laminate for the cupboards (not sure of finish eg gloss, natural or dimensions), and laminex squareform for the benchtops.

Cabinet colours being considered: Stipple hemp, stipple cocoa, stipple seal or peruvian clay.

Benchtops considered:Natural quartz, new ash dust, or platinum micro. Pure calcite and fresh snow look okay too!

Will try & post pics of the samples when I can work out how to do it!

I have also posted this in the bathrooms forum - so sorry for the double up.

Thanks!
I have stipple hemp overheads in the kitchen, can't help with the other colours though. We kept the same base cabinets throughout (Formica mocha) - so in kitchen, laundry and both bathrooms. We have stone benchtops in the kitchen and picked a similar (-ish) laminate for the other rooms. I chose different overheads for the laundry though and went with Laminex Moleskin.

I like that there are elements of the same colour scheme continued in each room, with the base cabinets. We have different splashbacks in each though, and the bathroom walls are a different colour to the laundry and kitchen ...there are hundreds of ways you can vary things, and no one idea is right or wrong....

I haven't got time to find and post pics, but there are photos on my blog, if you want to trawl through them.
Our colours are pretty consistent throughout the house, with bits different in some rooms, but a lot of Oyster Linea!

Kitchen
Below bench cupboards - Wilsonart Pearl Bisque
Above bench cupboards -Laminex Oyster Linea
Bench - Essa Stone Platinum
Glass Splashback - Laminex Stipple Seal

Ensuite
Cupboards - Wilsonart Shadow
Drawers - Laminex Oyster Linea

Powder Room Upstairs
Cupboard - Laminex Oyster Linea

Kid's bathroom
Cupboards and drawers - Laminex Oyster Linea

Laundry
Cupboards - Laminex Oyster Linea
Bench- Laminex Stipple Seal

Kitchenette
Cupboards - Laminex Oyster Linea
Bench- Essa Stone Platinum
I have platinum micro on our laundry benchtop with - you can't really see it in the pic but I'll try and take a more clear one hopefully on the weekend

We are using the Laminex Squareform in our kitchen. We couldn't afford stone we we have made do

For all cabinets (kitchen and 2 bathrooms) we have gone a off white colour. Sorry can't remember the name.
This is the colour of our kitchen benchtop abyssinian stone

The bathroom we have gone gloss as it will blend alot better as you basins and bath tub has a gloss finish. Our cabinet maker actually talked us out of going glos in the kitchen as it shows alot of marks. White Valencia

Hope this helps
Hi Sunshine,
We're having Stipple Hemp cupboards with Diamondgloss Toffee Mineralstone benchtops in the bathrooms, and same benchtop with a mix of Stipple Hemp and New Antique White cupboards in the kitchen... We're a couple of months into our build, so will be another couple of months till cabinetry appears so haven't got any pics yet. Good luck
Roz
Hi Sunshinexxx

We used Peruvian Clay for our cupboards and Natural Quartz for the benchtops in our Ensuite, Main Bathroom and Laundry.

We used Oyster Linea for the cupboards in the kitchen and Natural Quartz for the benchtops.

Here's a link to some photos

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15930&start=280
sunshinexxx
I'm building, and trying to decide whether to match the ensuite & main to the kitchen colours. What have other people done here? I've heard of people doing reverse colours etc.

I wanted neutral and brown tones throughout, so I chose the kitchen first - we had the most variables in there.
Our benchtop is CS Almond Rocca, cabinets are Parbury River Cherry, Kickboard is Parbury Pearl Dust (which also matches the benchtop and floor tiles).
We then kept the cupboards the same in all other rooms - butlers pantry is same as kitchen except it has a laminate benchtop - Parbury Kalahari Topaz which was the best match to the CS without the extra cost of getting CS.
Laundry and Bathroom we kept the same as each other (both up the back end of the house) with Parbury Desert Zephyr benchtops, River Cherry doors and Pearl Dust kickboards.
Ensuite we went different again - because it is not a common area and only we will see it so it doesn't have to 'match'. Benchtop is Parbury Antique Bronze, River Cherry doors and Pearl Dust kickboard. We also went for a darker tile on the floor in the ensuite as opposed to the lighter one through out the rest of the house.
I have photos on my blog http://ourhausinthewest.blogspot.com/20 ... shiny.html.

I still love all my colours
We are at framing stage, but we've gone for a similar theme in the rooms - but used different shades just to have something slightly different...

Powder Room - CS in Cashmere and Vanity in Espresso Linea.

Laundry - Oyster Linea for overhead and benchtop and Ebony Macassar for bottom

Kitchen colours - Overhead - Stipple Hemp. Splashback Dulux Deep Bamboo. Benchtop CS Ivory and cupboards - Wenge.

Bathroom and ensuite CS in Ice Snow and cabinets - Burnished Wood

So, they are similar but different enough to keep me interested.

In my current house we have light cupboards and black benchtops - so we've done the opposite in the new place...you know the grass is always greener...

My thread has the colour samples....somewhere!
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum