Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen benchtops - Caesarstone Latte or Bondi????

Page 1 of 2
Final decision to make for our new kitchen is benchtop. We are undecided between Latte and Bondi - have small samples of both and have seen both in local showroom - 300mmx600mm samples and are hoping to get to Sydney dispaly centre but have searched for photos of kitchens in these colours - have found some images of Latte but not Bondi. Has anyone used either and what is the overall effect?

Having whole house renovated so Bathroom vanities and laundry will have same caesarstone.

House is near beach, cupboards will be timber Dulux White Opal, floor is large tiles in limestone look porcelain, both these caesarstone colours work. Do not want white as we think it will be too much white and show marks. Splashback is glass - very soft aqua, all appliances are stainless including fridge and dishwasher is fully integrated with panel to match cupboards.

Bondi looks like it would give a good sandy effect - but does it throw yellow in larger piece?

Latte is a good contast but is it darker in brown tone with larger section?

Kitchen benches will be 3 areas - one is 3.8 metres x 2.2metres, another is 2.6metres and island is 2metres with waterfall ends.

Would love advice or images to help.
If these colours are accurate I like the Latte
Bondi

Latte
yes these are accurate - Bondi is sandier and Latte is like milk coffee.

Thanks for your vote. We have had votes through our family - 3 adult kids and partners - its a hung vote.
Latte all the way, the Bondi looks a bit too yellow. I'd imagine that the latte, being more neutral, would be much easier to co-ordinate with and also will weather the test of time trend-wise.
Bondi looks pinkish to me
Another vote for latte!
latte
Wow this is fantastic - my first forum and such a great response, looks like Latte could be the winner.

Bondi is more Sandy no sign of pink.

Thanks - keep them coming - any photos?
Another latte vote here too.
Definately latte. Good luck
latte all the way...more modern, more stylish,
Latte
Has anyone used either colour??
Latte vote here too!

I initially liked Bondi too after seeing it in a display home, but it was on dark brown cupboards, and we wanted white high gloss cupboards. Have ended up going the latte, not built yet but I found this pic I loved that made my decision for me:

Thanks - I had seen this one and it does look great, our floor tiles are similar but porcelain, our cupboards are White Opal which is off white. The colours work well.

Bondi also looks like it would work well that's why I'm seeking advice from those with experience. Your info was very helpful. The fact that you actually saw Bondi in a display house. Haven't been able to find images of kitchens with Bondi?? Does anyone have one??
goodyear
Thanks - I had seen this one and it does look great, our floor tiles are similar but porcelain, our cupboards are White Opal which is off white. The colours work well.

Bondi also looks like it would work well that's why I'm seeking advice from those with experience. Your info was very helpful. Where was the display house with Bondi?

It was a Simonds home in Pakenham, Vic, so probably a bit far for you.

We decided it looked too like with the white cupboards and too much like the floor tiles we want, so went with the latte for more of a contrast. We're at lockup now but a fair way off kitchens so no pics yet sorry!
Check this link out, has pics of kitchens with bondi benchtops as well.

http://www.kitchensmelbourne.com.au/mel ... ery_2.html
Here's someone's pic from HomeOne who has Bondi in their bathroom with white cupboards:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/bond ... suite2.jpg
Thanks Caz you are fantastic-great to hear from someone who had the same dilemma. Our tiles are very similar to those in first photo with Latte island - only porcelain. Cupboards white opal which is an off white/like pearl. Splashback we want very pale aqua blue - do you think this will work with Latte. We also like the contrast and warmth of Latte but were concerned it may look too brown in large sections
Latte.

I'm such a copy cat
Related
13/06/2023
Kitchen floors

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks mate.

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum