Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

granite bench tops repaired

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I am just wondering if real granite benchtops can be re polished. Our kitchen is 9 years old and the house has been rented. I am not sure if they have been using detergents but the polish looks pitted.
We have now moved in and looking at snazing up the kitchen. I really like the colour of the granite and if it can be fixed it would be great and also save us a fortune. Also, does anyone know if you can change cupboards to pot draws without ripping out the carcass and starting again.

Thanks heaps.

Caz and Rog
It probably needs sanding and resealing. or would that be polishing and resealing. Should be well and truely possible. good luck
Yeh second choice I think kexkez
You ought to be able to change cupboards to pot drawers. New hardware and the drawer inserts made to measure.... drawer fronts and handles to match your cupboards might be tricky if the kitchen is more than a few years old.
But you might get away with picking a compementary colour for the drawer fronts and changing over all the handles.

Contact a cabinet maker and see what they say.
Hi All

Thanks for all your replies. Glad to know we can get the granite nice and shiny again.

Kek we are redoing all the draw/cupboard fronts so that shouldnt be a issue.

Alot cheaper then what we were going to do. Move the kitchen to other side of house and have the balcony enclosed where it was going to go. Finally moved into the house two weeks ago and is alot bigger then we thought. Hadnt really seen it in four years and the tenant had so much stuff in here.
So no enclosing the balcony, just snappy up the kitchen, extend two bedrooms, put in a deck and possibly a pool. Oh and rip up the tiles and put in polished floors.

Caz and Rog
Related
10/05/2024
Damaged/repaired PVC pipe under concrete slab

General Discussion

The coupling, which is made from flexible PVC, needs to comply with AS/NZS 4327 which specifies the requirements for metal banded flexible couplings used in low-pressure…

1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum