Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Can you put bleach/White King/Draino down an insinkerator?

Page 1 of 1
Our insinkerator stinks of mould whenever we run water down it. We do switch it on regularly but this doesn't seem to help.

Would putting one of the above products down it help, and is it ok to do this or will it somehow damage the pipes or the rubber flap things?

Thank you!
Spray some White King Foam Bleach down there, that'll kill anything
but really gets rid of nasty smells. I love bleach
Coolness.

I actually love the smell of bleach. Always have, ever since I was a kid and having swimming lessons. As soon as I'd enter the indoor pool area and smell the chlorine (which reminds me of the smell of bleach), I'd be starving!
You can freshen it up by chucking a pile of cut-up lemons down and grinding them. Smells good.

Judie
White vinegar is a fantastic natural mould killer. I spray my bathrooms with it and i know you can put it thru the washing machine to clean it out but not 100% sure what can go thru the sink thing. It really does a great job with killing mould spores though.
Oh, excellent suggestions there!!

I will be putting some white vinegar down it (I'm sure this'll be just fine), and then some lemons for a nice scent. WOO! Thank you!
Judie
You can freshen it up by chucking a pile of cut-up lemons down and grinding them. Smells good.

Judie

Oranges are also good if you don't like smell of lemons
grace_slick
Coolness.

I actually love the smell of bleach. Always have, ever since I was a kid and having swimming lessons. As soon as I'd enter the indoor pool area and smell the chlorine (which reminds me of the smell of bleach), I'd be starving!

I love the smell of bleach and chlorine too! Thought it was just me, so glad to see there are others too!
We should start a cult for those who are drawn to the smell of bleach and chlorine. lol
I like the Water Soluble Eucy Oil
Bi-carb & vinegar let sit for about 5min then wash away with hot water. I use this in all my drains gives them good clean out.
Cheers Lou
Carefull about what you put thru an insinkerator, I've seen simular products (bleach etc) kill the insinkerator's mechanisms
Related
26/01/2024
Caustic acid bleach on driveway

General Discussion

Hi. My son cleaned a oil spill with ' CRC oil fighter stain remover' on a coloured n sealed driveway. It has now left white bleaching stains that we can't get out. Any…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum