Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Need suggestions for tiles to go with Black granite benchtop

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I need suggestions for the kitchen scheme I have in mind for our house.

My kitchen benchtop is "C" shaped and it will be black granite. Cupboards will be "Cherry Red" laminate to give it a woody, warm feel.

What tiles will go on the walls ie. adjacent to gas cooktop and sink?

The guys at tile shop told me that "White" plain tiles would look fine. Its a bit difficult to imagine it. Does anyone have better ideas to make it look more better or should I stick with white plain tiles only. Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks a lot,
ET.
Here are a few ideas.

You could also go a checkered tile look with dark greys (similar to this picture

What about a champagne/taupe colour.
Just did my tile selction today (ish.... pending a decision on my splashback tile!!
)

I fell in love with the 1000mm x 600mm polished porcelain tile laid vertically so that you get a seamless finish that will look like glass splashback, only nicer with granite as it is a warmer finish (or in my case ceasarstone).

My only reason for not immediately going that way is that it will cost me $1100 more than my included price as my splashback height is 700mm and so I will waste 300mm per tile cut

So looking at white tile also (rectangular) and having 100 x 100 stainless steel tile down the centre.

Seriously, check out the large porcelain tile!!!
Hi Sun,

Cool pictures huh...just had a look at them and the checkered look looks absolutely fantastic. White tiles with a feature tile is also nice.

These pictures give me inspiration and I can explore some more options from tile shop over the weekend.

Hi Suh,
Thanks for replying back...I did try to google for "champagne" color tiles. Is it somewhat like light light brown shades and with glossy look ? Pls do let me know.

Cheers,
ET
I absolutely love the stone tile in the first pic!
My opinion is that if you are having the warm cherry colour and black granite, white tiles will look to stark. I think a creamy beige coloured splashback will look nice. Very similar to that first pic.
Related
10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum