Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Show me your dark cabinets! (please :) )

Page 1 of 1
My partner and I have made our initial selections for our kitchen colours. We've decided on going with a dark colour for the cabinets (Formica Asphalt), combined with brushed aluminium kickboards and a light bench top (Qstone Frost). We're going to have bamboo flooring throughout the open plan living area (including the kitchen) - hopefully Chestnut Bamwood from Bamboozle.

Has anyone else gone with a similar sort of combination? How do the cabinets look - any regrets on going with a dark colour? Would love to see pics of your kitchens!
Wall cupboards - Laminex Nocturne Oak
Floor cupboards - Laminex ???? sorry, forgotten which one
. If you're interested, I'll post it 2nite when I get home.
Benchtop - Laminex Mocha Feldspar

here is my beautiful kitchen its Bristol Echidna in gloss

with quartz stone (ice) benchtops
JohnAndTarin

The gloss finish looks fantastic

Thanks for sharing.
formica storm lower, formica silver strata upper, with brushed pewter kicks

mrs_martin
formica storm lower, formica silver strata upper, with brushed pewter kicks

That will look rather striking once it's all finished off! From memory, formica storm is a cooler purplish grey?

Love the kickboards, I reckon they provide some necessary contrast against the dark cabinets.
JohnAndTarin

That is one massive kitchen, it's stunning J&T, well done
pinkfairymagic
JohnAndTarin

OHH Thanks PF i get all tingly just looking at it i cant stop looking at it
JohnAndTarin
pinkfairymagic
JohnAndTarin

OHH Thanks PF i get all tingly just looking at it i cant stop looking at it

It is VERY nice
Dee Elle has a dark kitchen. we went with black laminex cupboards and kickboards ( they are going to be fun to clean . not) and a mid tone granite benchtop.
JohnAndTarin

This kitchen is similar to the one I am planning for our new house! Looks HOT@@!!
One question though: the corner pantry (I assume it is one) what size is the door 500mm or 600mm? and how is it inside..just standard shelving?
Im planning my corner pantry and couldnt visualise it until I saw urs.
Emzy
JohnAndTarin

This kitchen is similar to the one I am planning for our new house! Looks HOT@@!!
One question though: the corner pantry (I assume it is one) what size is the door 500mm or 600mm? and how is it inside..just standard shelving?

The door is 600mm if you have a look here http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZIYgGjCJ7W4/SjoHZ_9DwAI/AAAAAAAAB_U/Cl5fofydlJk/s1600-h/house+021.JPG you can see the inside of the cupboard. The shelves are not full shelves they are cut in a curve inside. we have a few pics on the blog feel free to have a look
at it
JohnAndTarin
Emzy
JohnAndTarin

The door is 600mm if you have a look here http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZIYgGjCJ7W4/SjoHZ_9DwAI/AAAAAAAAB_U/Cl5fofydlJk/s1600-h/house+021.JPG you can see the inside of the cupboard. The shelves are not full shelves they are cut in a curve inside. we have a few pics on the blog feel free to have a look
at it

Oh that is cool.

Im interested in the curved shelving as well. Looks nice.

Who made your kitchen>?
It was made by knebel kitchens in Sydney.
Click on my thread (link is in my siggie) go to the last page and the bottom cupboards in the kitchen are "wenge" the top is almond. The bench will be C/S and I forgot the name but it's a creamy colour.
I went with Laminex Chocolate Pear Velour, which is very dark, and ceasarstone Smartstone frost(i think). if i could work out how to make photo smaller I would upload it for you! I used the ceasarstone as the splashback as well, it looks amazing!

try this link

http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww350/Kylezj/
Hope it works!
We will be going with option 3 in this pic. The back of the lower cupboards will be in the luxe ebony as well.
I am loving the look of it and can't wait to see it done.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

24/10/2023
Dark Interior Tiles - Charcoal

Building A New House

Hi All, I am looking to go with tiles instead of laminate timber flooring throughout my living areas for my new build (Ashbury 29 - Henley). My whole colour scheme is on…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum