Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Kitchen Benchtop Colour Help Please

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have been busily reading alot of the posts up here, and have got some great advice and ideas so far...

We are currently renovating our 1960s turquoise kitchen. At this stage, we have planned:

Floorboards: polishing the narrow mixed hardwood floorboards that were under the vinyl (these vary in colour from reds to browns to yellows)

Cupboards/Drawers: Most likely a matt white finish,

Bifold Window to Servery to Deck: Cedar Bifold which when sealed and painted, will match nicely with the darker reds of the floorboards.

Walls: considering using China White (as we have used this in the rest of the house) with Lexicon for the ceiling and trims.

At this stage, we think that the timber and the white will make quite a contrast, however, I am unsure of what colour benchtop we should go with to compliment the white cabinetry and timber floors.

Are any of you able to offer any suggestions for benchtop colours?

At this stage, we feel we should go with a stone, as we are extending the benchtop through the servery out onto the deck, and although it won't be directly exposed to weather, it will still essentiall be outside, although I am open to suggestions for other materials, with a similar pricerange.

We will have minimal splashback area (the bifold takes up the majority of the benchtop area, and are most likely to go with painted glass splashback in the areas that require it.

I'd welcome any suggestions any of you might have!

Thanks,
Janelle.
Related
28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum