Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Corner

Internal rangehood for BBQ

Page 1 of 1
hi, I have a BBQ built in outdoor and looking for rangehood. The only I can found is Beefeater rangehood which cost $2400.

I was thinking to use the home rangehood for BBQ. But being told that this would void the warranty b/c rangehood cannot withstand the heat of the BBQ.

Is that correct ? Wot other can I use beside the beefeater.

Thanks
Hi Noidea...can't help you but we are also thinking of going down the same track, but hadn't looked around yet. But certainly can't afford those prices. Will be very interested to see the responses to your question
Anyone ? No one have outdoor BBQ rangehood ?

Please let me know what brand is your BBQ rangehood and price.

Thanks
I am also looking for a rangehood for a BBQ. Have a 600mm built in BBQ, and I am having a sunroom built around the site of the BBQ, and want to protect the ceiling. Have also been told that warrenty on an indoor rangehood will be void if I use it over BBQ. This BBQ is smaller than my stove top ! Have watch 1200mm BBQ rangehoods sell for $800-$900 on ebay. Too dear for me. I welcome any advice.
when we installed our indoor one recently it did say in the instructions not to use it over flame cooking so I'd say that's why they have special ones for barbeques. Im not sure what the flames would do to the rangehood but I would suspect the bbq ones are designed differently to prevent flue fires from the combination of grease and flames? I wouldnt use one that wasnt designed for the purpose I think it could be a fire hazard but it would be interesting to know the difference and if the indoor ones arent meant for flame cooking there would have to be a difference in design to the bbq ones which obviously are designed for cooking over flames. just my 2c

edit: just from doing a quick bit of googling the bbq ones are a lot more powerful than the indoor ones so there are definitely some major differences.
Good topic noidea, like the most of us I’m interested to know and going to follow this closely. As once the house is complete, I’m going to do the same thing, I was looking at the same rangehood online and found them to be around $2.6k, expensive, but worth it, that’s my opinion.
In my old country no ne has an exhaust fan but just a flux chimney far cheaper than an electric not lasting device yet the meat consumption average per capita is about 86 Kg per person which almost double that of any Australian household so what is wrong is the source and not the exhaust!
We do not BBQ on naked flames simply it creates flames and burns lot of fat which in turn creates lots of extra smoke.
Thank you grinder, mickeyb and piscean for your comments. Answers some of my questions.
Here's an other brand the makes BBQ rangehood. click on link below

http://www.leemac.com.au/HEATWAVE%20BBQ ... TAILS.ASPX
I bought a BBQ rangehood on ebay. PINNACLE WHOLESALERS from Ballarat. $640 on a second offer. Not the style I preferred but the price I could afford. The sunroom is being built now, so the rangehood will be installed soon.
I spent some time losing bids on these rangehoods, after I put in my maximum, and then one day I got this second offer. The builder is quite enthused. Although at 1500mm it is much bigger than my little BBQ, builder thinks I will have excellent protection for the sunroom. The main difference that I can see between indoor and BBQ rangehoods ( apart from size ) is that the BBQ range hood "sucks" 1600m3/hr, and the most powerful indoor one I found was about 900m3/hr. Hope this helps someone.
The issue would be the type of steel. You would require 316 stainless if you need to use it outside and this usually cost $$$$$
I have a BBQ Rangehood from a grade finish canopies it works very well and is the best investment I have made. I previously had a euro grand that I got off ebay WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!!
morgan is spot on in their last paragraph regarding the amount of exhaust strength. Using an indoor rangehood for an outdoor BBQ will void warranty & possibly house insurance in the event of a BBQ fire damaging house.
This is the info we were given after several calls to BBQ retailers & also insurance companies. IMHO not worth taking the chance with using incorrect appliances
You need the Schweigen Professional 1000. Its an Indoor/Outdoor rangehood that can cope with the heat and give the extraction you need.

http://www.schweigen.com.au/professional-1000.html

We are having this installed in our kitchen.
Yep, I can highly recommened the Schweigen Professional series.
Here's my alfresco setup: http://rlay1.blogspot.com/2009/06/alfresco-kitchen.html
Flame issues aside there would be electrical issues using an indoor range hood outside. All electrical equipment, sockets etc have a rating that determines where they can and cannot be used. I would imagine problems such as condensation getting into the electrics of a standard indoor unit would be a problem outside for example.
Related
7/05/2024
Which 90cm rangehood is better

Building A New House

Canopy and Undermount are best, and need to be ducted externally. Which one you go with will be largely determined by your design and joinery choices. What you should be…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

15/11/2023
Internal brick wall vs plasterboard - cost and acoustic?

Building A New House

Thank you alexp79 and gommeqld for your advice, that's very helpful, thanks

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Corner
Home
Pros
Forum